Day of Test

thunderfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice as to what I should do the day of the test. Im taking it in a few weeks and im not scheduled until 4.30 pm. I know Kaplan says not to do any reviewing before the test but I feel like reviewing notes and maybe working a few problems would be beneficial. Anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're the type of person who benefits from and is comfortable with studying right up until a big test, then I'd say go for it. I don't know if it will do you much good though. You probably aren't going to get any good last minute revelations that will benefit you on the test, you may get confused and obsess over a problem, and then that may leave you more stressed than you need to be right before the exam. Also keep in mind that this is a long test and by the time you get to the QR section you may feel pretty burned out, so you might not want to exhaust yourself beforehand.

I took my test around noon after studying for about 1-2 months. I didn't study anything the day of or the day before the test; I just took some time to relax. I ended up scoring 390 TS 370 AA. I strongly believe that I would not have benefited from studying immediately before the test. It might not be a bad idea to study the day before though, I didn't because I was kind of tired of studying.

Good luck on your test! Let us know how it goes and what you decided!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response and advice I really appreciate it! This will be the second time I've taken the test I'm definitely ready to have it out of the way. I've been studying hard core since September after taking a few weeks off from studying for it the first time. I think I will just review formulas to warm my brain up a few hours before the test. The biggest struggle was psychological last time so I won't let that happen again! Thanks again for your advice

You might stress yourself out before the test. If you want to do a few flashcards or quick scan of notes, that is fine. Just make sure you don't bring any notes at all into the Prometric Testing Center.

Members don't see this ad :)
you want to do a few flashcards or quick scan of notes, that is fine. Just make sure you don't bring any notes at all into the Prometric Testing Center.
ubxLTb