Day to Day USUHS questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Path2ArmyDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I read through the "Life at USUHS" thread, but it hasn't been active since 2010, so I thought I'd post some new questions here, especially seeing as they've been going through some changes.

What are the facilities (non-academic) like. I've been having a hell of a time searching for photos online. Do they have a gym, cafeteria, pool, fields (I saw something about an ultimate frisbee team). If they don't have these, where do y'all go to get your workout fix.

What do most people's days (and weekends) look like when they're not studying? Is there a big bar scene? Do most people have families that they go home to, or does it have a undergrad kind of vibe?

I saw that you're required to be in uniform when on base, and during 0700-1600. Is this accurate. What exactly does this mean logistically. If I go into Bethesda for lunch, do I need to change? If it's a weekend and I want to go to the library, do I have to get into a uniform?

I understand there're about ≤200 students per class. Do you get to know most of these folks? Do most people study alone or with classmates?

I'm curious about housing, too. I understand the surrounding areas of USU can be a bit pricey. Do most people still live there, or do they venture a bit further? Without dependents the housing allowance is ~22000. If I don't use all of this, do I keep the excess? How does housing live during MS-III and -IV? Since you're gone for a good portion of the year, do most people move out? How does that work?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please get rid of the USUHS logo from your profile avitar. It's cursed, it has a bad track record here on SDN (dont ask).
But now you've got me curious as to why it has a bad track record!

Edit: Someone clued me into the situation... Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: