dazed and confused...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GloryofGreece

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Hi Guys....
I just come to the forum for advise. I am kinda of an eternal undergrad, who recently just start a degree in chemical engineering. Long story....

I discover i like medicine, however engineering grades are pulling me down. I think I can manage A in biosciences, however only Bs in engineering....I dont know for fact, but this is how the first semester is playing out...

What do you think guys? Should I drp engineering and focus on sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

are you at an engineering school? if so, then you kind of cannot drop the engineering aspect of it. but if not, maybe switch to just chemistry?

If you love engineering and want to be an engineer, then study it. If you want to be a doctor, undergrad GPA is one of the two criteria by which you will be primarily judged in the medical school application process. Do what you have to do in order to succeed in your dreams. Continuing in a major where you are destined to get lower grades is not the best pathway to success. On the other hand, if you can figure out what you are doing wrong that keeps you from getting As in Engineering courses, maybe you can follow two dreams.

You like medicine in general or patient care medicine?

Biomedical engineering is always an option, that is a really cool field.