De Virgilio Anki Deck + Review my study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteoth

Fake it till ya' make it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title is pretty self-explanatory.

Anybody have a good De Virgilio Anki deck?

I'm going to have about 5 weeks before my surgery rotation starts to prepare, but it's going to be my first rotation.

My plan rn is to get through the following resources in this order
  1. Emma Holiday powerpoints
  2. OME surgery (notes + lectures + questions/flashcards)
  3. Surgical recall (found an Anki deck of ~1200 questions)
  4. Pestana + audio (Anki deck of 700 questions, listen to the audio in the car)
  5. De Virgilio surgery: I figure this'll be where I spend the bulk of my prep time + rotation time, since the book is supposedly dense.
  6. UW (Surgery, GI, Renal, Pulm, Gyn, Ortho)
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If you get through all of that, you'll be fine. I did Pestana + UW + OME only and did well. Tried to do De Virgilio but didn't have the time.
The only issue I see on your list is UW being at the bottom -- just make sure you get through all of it.
Best to you.

Reactions: 1 user
If you get through all of that, you'll be fine. I did Pestana + UW + OME only and did well. Tried to do De Virgilio but didn't have the time.
The only issue I see on your list is UW being at the bottom -- just make sure you get through all of it.
Best to you.

Yeah I'm not really sure how different the UW for Step 2 is from Step 1, but I figure that I need at least a few weeks to get rolling on content review before I start UW. Or would you recommend starting it right away as a learning tool?

Title is pretty self-explanatory.

Anybody have a good De Virgilio Anki deck?

I'm going to have about 5 weeks before my surgery rotation starts to prepare, but it's going to be my first rotation.

My plan rn is to get through the following resources in this order
  1. Emma Holiday powerpoints
  2. OME surgery (notes + lectures + questions/flashcards)
  3. Surgical recall (found an Anki deck of ~1200 questions)
  4. Pestana + audio (Anki deck of 700 questions, listen to the audio in the car)
  5. De Virgilio surgery: I figure this'll be where I spend the bulk of my prep time + rotation time, since the book is supposedly dense.
  6. UW (Surgery, GI, Renal, Pulm, Gyn, Ortho)
Thoughts?
Any chance you could share your surgical recall anki deck? :)

Reactions: 1 user