DEA number identification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marika

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the format that a DEA number should have? I can't remember. I believe the first 2 are the Dr's initials. Then there is some reason behind the numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

for the numbers - the sum of 1, 3, 5 plus 2 times the sum of 2, 4, 6. the second digit of the total will be the final number of the dea number.

the first letter designates the type of registrant, only one i know off the top of my head is B being hospital. the second letter is the first initial of the doctors last name.

for the numbers - the sum of 1, 3, 5 plus 2 times the sum of 2, 4, 6. the second digit of the total will be the final number of the dea number.

the first letter designates the type of registrant, only one i know off the top of my head is B being hospital. the second letter is the first initial of the doctors last name.

Exactly, I just want to add: First letter A & B for MDs, Dentist, etc. where as B or F for people who licensed after 1985; M for Licensed Nurse Practitioner or MID level practioner.