swaffles

Bubbly Celt
Mar 5, 2010
New Jersey
Status
Other Health Professions Student
This goes out to everyone who has applied to berkeley or even knows anything about its deadline. I am freaking out because I, for SOME reason, assumed it was 12/15/2010 but it's 12/1/2010. Do you know if the application has to be processed by SOPHAS by 12/1/2010 or if I just need to submit it to SOPHAS by that time? Is it okay if I get Berkeley's specific grad application in by that time and not SOPHAS?

Please help!

Oct 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Take a deep breath :) Everything needs to be postmarked by 11/24/10, and submitted by 12/1/10 for Cal. This does not mean SOPHAS has to process your app by 12/1, you just need everything submitted by then.

This goes out to everyone who has applied to berkeley or even knows anything about its deadline. I am freaking out because I, for SOME reason, assumed it was 12/15/2010 but it's 12/1/2010. Do you know if the application has to be processed by SOPHAS by 12/1/2010 or if I just need to submit it to SOPHAS by that time? Is it okay if I get Berkeley's specific grad application in by that time and not SOPHAS?

Please help!

OP
swaffles

swaffles

Bubbly Celt
Mar 5, 2010
New Jersey
Status
Oh, thank gosh! That is such a relief. I was just staring at the SOPHAS application, wondering if i should press 'send' right now or not and just cross my fingers. My eyes were literally like @[email protected] for an hour.

Thank you so much!

Nov 4, 2010
Status
does anyone know if its okay if one of my letter of recs gets in after the first? i recently found out that some unforeseen things came up for a letter writer and they will be needing more time, and I'm hoping I can get the letter in by then, but its possible it may be postmarked around the 30th of nov. my other two letters will arrive on time though...

OP
swaffles

swaffles

Bubbly Celt
Mar 5, 2010
New Jersey
Status
does anyone know if its okay if one of my letter of recs gets in after the first? i recently found out that some unforeseen things came up for a letter writer and they will be needing more time, and I'm hoping I can get the letter in by then, but its possible it may be postmarked around the 30th of nov. my other two letters will arrive on time though...
When I called SOPHAS about recommendations being late, they said that they only needed two of the three recs to start processing the application. Also, on the Berkeley site (just an example), it said that they'll contact us at the end of January to tell us if our application is complete for review or if it's incomplete and put aside; they want everything post marked by the 24th of November. So, it's better to check with each school and see what their specific deadlines are.