deadline for holding only 1 acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viking

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the deadline for when you must withdraw acceptances, so that you hold only one?

Members don't see this ad.

you may only hold onto one acceptance after may 15th. however, you may remain on the waitlist at other schools. if you are offered a spot at one of your waitlisted schools after may 15th, you have to decide immediately between that school and the school whose acceptance you are holding onto.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think you could go ahead and decide by may 1st. i mean, think about it this way -- there are buttloads of kids out there on pins and needles hoping they get off the waitlists, while youve got a 100% chance of going to medical school. i think it would be very considerate of you to let your other acceptances go ASAP to help free up spots for other potential students also.

did we figure out the deal with an MD and DO acceptance? i assume you can only have one, either or?

Originally posted by Chrisobean
did we figure out the deal with an MD and DO acceptance? i assume you can only have one, either or?
Well, you can only go to one school regardless of what degree it gives.....

Originally posted by Chrisobean
I was wondering this also. Presumably, since they are different organizations, we can hold on to both until the first day of school. Then of course we have to decide, but I don't see how they would find out.

Originally posted by Syranope2
you may only hold onto one acceptance after may 15th. however, you may remain on the waitlist at other schools. if you are offered a spot at one of your waitlisted schools after may 15th, you have to decide immediately between that school and the school whose acceptance you are holding onto.

THANK YOU!!

I've been wondering about this for a while, and no one has given me a straight answer. :) Of course, you might lose a hefty deposit in the process...

For Cleveland clinic the deadline is April 15th since they start the summer research rotation on July 6. Every other school I know of the deadline is May 15th.

Also, it's up until May 15 that you can get a refund on your $100 deposit. After that, you don't get the money refunded if you get off another school's waitlist that you'd rather go to.