Telling another school about a CTE deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgo2023

Reaction score
I sent two update/letters of interest to this school before getting any of my acceptances. Now that I have a CTE deadline from a different school, would it be worth sending a letter of intent to this school and telling them about the deadline? I would definitely commit to this school if I have the opportunity, but since I don't have substantial updates the only real change would be letter of interest -> letter of intent. Would it be good to send a very short letter of intent along with the CTE deadline, or would be a third letter be just annoying to adcoms without making a substantial impact?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent two update/letters of interest to this school before getting any of my acceptances. Now that I have a CTE deadline from a different school, would it be worth sending a letter of intent to this school and telling them about the deadline? I would definitely commit to this school if I have the opportunity, but since I don't have substantial updates the only real change would be letter of interest -> letter of intent. Would it be good to send a very short letter of intent along with the CTE deadline, or would be a third letter be just annoying to adcoms without making a substantial impact?
Personally I would think that sending a letter with the deadline could come across as pushy to the school you're waitlisted at.

Reactions: 1 user
If they don't have room for you now, what makes you think letting them know of another offer with a deadline will move the needle and open up a seat for you??

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Understood, that makes sense and also was what I was concerned about! Would you say the same about adding a letter of intent without including the CTE deadline?

Understood, that makes sense and also was what I was concerned about! Would you say the same about adding a letter of intent without including the CTE deadline?
Maybe less so, but the letters may not matter much especially if the waitlist is ordered and therefore set in stone