Dealines for rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the deadlines for submitting the letters of recommendation the same as the deadlines we need to submit our secondary applications by?

Members don't see this ad.

I can speak for Loyola and Northwestern. For Loyola, both are due by the same date, but you can petition for an extension on the letters. At NWern, I think they give you two weeks after the secondary's due to get the letters in. I guess it varies by school. Good luck y'all.

Does anyone else know how is works for other med schools? I need to let the pre-med committee in my college know when they have to submit the recommendations by.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please if anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate if you could let me know. Thank you!

Hi,
Every secondary application I have seen says that all materials are due on the same date. I'm pretty sure your rec's are due on the same date the secondaries are due.

Have you people noticed that deadlines don't make sense anymore ESPECIALLY WITH AMCAS!!!

stop worrying and turn it as soon as you can....sigh :rolleyes:

I think schools are more lenient in terms of deadlines for the rec's and other things because of the AMCAS mess that's been going on for the last few months. But I would strongly suggest you to get the recommendations out around the same time or slightly after you've submitted your secondaries.

If you're really worried, call the schools. The lady I talked to at UCSD said that getting the recc letters in after the one month deadline was fine, but it would be better for me if they were in earlier (to get an earlier interview I guess). There are some things we have no control over. That may be the big lesson of this entire application process, huh?