Dealing with stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmagiu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me out on how to deal with friends that are always concerned on doing well--when i say well i mean those 10% in ur class that always need that A. Im not stupid, but since i only have two years undergrad, they sometimes treat me that way. I do the same as them usually, if not a little bit less

It stresses me out that theyre always stressing out, that they always complain and never ask me how i am.

Starting to become very dark and depressed when I am around them. Need help on finding a balance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're stressed because your friends are stressed? Lolwut.

Go spend your time exercising and destressing, not listening to *****s complain and gripe about school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Out of 200 people in the class you can find one friend?

Just ignore them. Or like another said, get new friends. They don't sound that great if they are treating you like you're stupid.

Anyway, who cares if they want to get good grades?

Reactions: 1 user
Start hanging out with people from other professions at your university. I started hanging out with the law students because they were a hell of lot more fun and knew how to party.

as someone who also did two years of undergrad.. Remind them that you got accepted in half their time, and they essentially cost themselves $240,000 plus loans.

Reactions: 1 users
Exactly why people after 2 years of undergrad aren't ready for Grad school. You are worried about the wrong things kid.

Sorry this is happening. Worrying about grades all the time is not helpful and won't make them better pharmacists. I'd advise not telling them your grades, changing the subject, and yeah, finding new friends if necessary.

as someone who also did two years of undergrad.. Remind them that you got accepted in half their time, and they essentially cost themselves $240,000 plus loans.

That will certainly go over well!...but on a side note, maybe they do possess some underlying envy based on your educational background...as others have mentioned, look for new friends (within or outside of your program)

That will certainly go over well!...but on a side note, maybe they do possess some underlying envy based on your educational background...as others have mentioned, look for new friends (within or outside of your program)

I'm not suggesting that OP should rub it in their face unprovoked, but rather in response if his peers are belittling him for "only" having done undergrad, as his post suggests.