Dean's Certificate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROSE1010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I apply this coming cycle. I wonder what a dean's certificate is, and do schools ask for it before your acceptance or after you decide to go? Basically do you have to prepare like 10 of them or just wait until you decide on your school, then get one certificate and send it?

Did your school ask for Dean's certificate when you applied? Please give me some info so I can prepare it now if in case they ask such a thing.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I was never asked about getting a dean's certificate by any of the schools.

never heard of a dean's certificate

Members don't see this ad :)
never heard of a dean's certificate

I think she means a letter that dean of your school writes to other schools and tell them that you are in good standing and you never had any probation or something like that. But I am not sure if you need to do that because when you get accepted, dental schools make their own background check. I am sure students from last year have more information with regard to this letter since they already finished the process. I know my school writes dean's certificate if student requests for professional schools.

Schools tend to ask that if you had any disciplinary action taken against you(probation, withdrawal, suspension, etc...). If you've answered yes to that question and explained your situation the schools will ask that a letter from the institution verify that you are as advertised. There is nothing else that went on beside what you mentioned on the application. I think this request comes as a condition for you to take their offer once they accept you. PM me if you want to know more.