You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dear RPh, What is your current pay rate at your community pharmacy setting?
Started by tutam
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
a new grad at rite aid nor-cal started at 67. SoCal has too many schools...
mattyhenhen
New Member
I thought it would be interesting to put this in a cost of living calculator and find an equivalent salary in a different major city. If you moved from LA to Charlotte and were making $60 an hour in LA, you would need to make 85k a year to have an equivalent standard of living😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the rate is different depending on regions right. I thought within a company, the rate would be the same. Nor-Cal cost of living is more expensive.a new grad at rite aid nor-cal started at 67. SoCal has too many schools...
It varies by district and even within the district. The DM decides your pay rate ultimately within the payscale cap. DM that is in your favor will get you the top tier pay. Nor-cal can be expensive but it can be very cheap if you room-share or look around.So the rate is different depending on regions right. I thought within a company, the rate would be the same. Nor-Cal cost of living is more expensive.
and I wouldn't say Charlotte is cheap -I thought it would be interesting to put this in a cost of living calculator and find an equivalent salary in a different major city. If you moved from LA to Charlotte and were making $60 an hour in LA, you would need to make 85k a year to have an equivalent standard of living😱
mattyhenhen
New Member
I'm saying that 85k a year is cheap which puts into perspective how awful that salary amount isand I wouldn't say Charlotte is cheap -
Texas- $61/hr graduated in 2015. Pic
Honestly, I know that's the set 'union' rate, but no one is getting paid that low in southern California. I have access to every rite aid pharmacist salary in California and I can tell you that most new hires are well above the union set minimum.
While I don't look at lowest paid rph cuz it's not important to me, the top two rph in California are at 05800 and 05814.
While I don't look at lowest paid rph cuz it's not important to me, the top two rph in California are at 05800 and 05814.
Last edited:
Do you know how much for those top 2? ..i guess the highest pay for high volume storeHonestly, I know that's the set 'union' rate, but no one is getting paid that low in southern California. I have access to every rite aid pharmacist salary in California and I can tell you that most new hires are well above the union set minimum.
While I don't look at lowest paid rph cuz it's not important to me, the top two rph in California are at 05800 and 05814.
Honestly, I know that's the set 'union' rate, but no one is getting paid that low in southern California. I have access to every rite aid pharmacist salary in California and I can tell you that most new hires are well above the union set minimum.
While I don't look at lowest paid rph cuz it's not important to me, the top two rph in California are at 05800 and 05814.
California is a strange place man..... you guys get a few bucks more, different rules to play by......etc. Whats up with california? your like a whole little island over there!
$78+ for #1 does about 3500. I was getting $74 pic for a 1600 store.Do you know how much for those top 2? ..i guess the highest pay for high volume store
Doesn't even come close to my 5000 but I'm at cvs now and getting paid less.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow good pay. CVS is very busy too. Are you PIC at CVS now? If you have more Tech help , it will be helpful n less stressful.$78+ for #1 does about 3500. I was getting $74 pic for a 1600 store.
Doesn't even come close to my 5000 but I'm at cvs now and getting paid less.
Which state did you work as PIC before? Walgreens? CVS?I was getting $57/hour as PIC when I worked retail
Wow good pay. CVS is very busy too. Are you PIC at CVS now? If you have more Tech help , it will be helpful n less stressful.
I'm at 71 now at cvs as manager.
Which state did you work as PIC before? Walgreens? CVS?
Texas and Kroger. The reason I was getting so little pay was probably cause I was a new grad. One year after becoming a pharmacist, I became PIC and the way Kroger pays their PIC is you basically get a flat $5K pay increase. So since I've only been working there for a year as a new grad, my pay was already low to begin with. Also, since we are salaried and our work weeks were based on 42 hours a week, that makes my hourly wage less.
BFE coloado , PIC, 70/hr.
And complaining about it everyday.
That is insane for Bakersfield! I am at a 2000 store and I get 73$78+ for #1 does about 3500. I was getting $74 pic for a 1600 store.
Doesn't even come close to my 5000 but I'm at cvs now and getting paid less.
Salaried for PIC. So your staff RPh on hourly pay? My company have PIC on hourly pay but no Union benefits, and higher health insurance pay. If your house range in Texas is not expensive, that pay is good. Houses in CA is very expensive.Texas and Kroger. The reason I was getting so little pay was probably cause I was a new grad. One year after becoming a pharmacist, I became PIC and the way Kroger pays their PIC is you basically get a flat $5K pay increase. So since I've only been working there for a year as a new grad, my pay was already low to begin with. Also, since we are salaried and our work weeks were based on 42 hours a week, that makes my hourly wage less.
600,000 for a decent house in nor-cal.Salaried for PIC. So your staff RPh on hourly pay? My company have PIC on hourly pay but no Union benefits, and higher health insurance pay. If your house range in Texas is not expensive, that pay is good. Houses in CA is very expensive.
Salaried for PIC. So your staff RPh on hourly pay? My company have PIC on hourly pay but no Union benefits, and higher health insurance pay. If your house range in Texas is not expensive, that pay is good. Houses in CA is very expensive.
Both staff and PIC pharmacists are salaried. $57/hour is the equivalent if you divide my annual salary by the scheduled work hours per year I was required to work (42 hours per week). Though, I worked way more hours that I was scheduled and was not paid for those hours since I am salaried. Majority of retail pharmacists are salaried here cause the companies know that we usually come early and leave later than scheduled to catch up on the work.
Texas has a good cost of living. You get a lot of house for your money, but property taxes are a little higher than other states because we don't have state income tax.
tylenolnumber3
Full Member
And complaining about it everyday.
Haha he makes up literally every single thread. What happens when you live in the middle of no where with nothing to do.
Right now I'm paying my pharmacists $50/hr but I project that to go down over the next 10 years. The real number you should be watching is technician pay going up. I'm prepared to pay $25/hr for a clinical pharm tech to help me do CCM at some physician clinics.
Texas- $61/hr graduated in 2015. Pic
This would be nice depending on which pharmacy it is lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K
