Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Debating between these classes, which one to take?? Please HELP!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by UrSexyLatinDr, Apr 19, 2002.

1. UrSexyLatinDr

UrSexyLatinDr Single and looking =o)~
    7+ Year Member

Hey , How is it going amigos/as??

OK, For next semester I got to choose of of these 2 classes, Microbiology or Introduction to cell Biology. Which class you guys think will help me better in the future ( MCAT)? Which one requires more work? None of these two are upper division. The Cell Bio class is designed for Lab technicians and microbiology a lot of bio majors and pre-nursing/pre-pa students take it. Any Advice???

Also, I had another question and it got deleted. What do you guys think from a hispanic student from a CSU( California State University) with a double major in Psychology and Chicano Latin American Studies. Great GPA, Great EC's and a good MCAT. Does he has a chance getting into med school since he is coming from a CSU with no science major?

Eduardo

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you Mexican American? If so, you've got a hell of a good chance of getting in. Mexican Americans are extremely underrepresented in US medical schools, and many medical schools are actively recruiting them. Good luck, Eduardo.