blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
What is your dental school debt load? You don't have to post the info in great detail since it might be very personal to some. Just a rough estimate may do.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
Texas
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by blankguy
What is your dental school debt load? You don't have to post the info in great detail since it might be very personal to some. Just a rough estimate may do.

I recently heard from some Dean or other that for graduates of the Texas dental schools, the average debt is $92,500 at graduation, and the tuition at TX schools is incredibly low, so I'd think that would be the lowest possible reasonable estimate. That's all the info I have, though. :)

atlas6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2004
Status (Visible)
tuition in texas (all 3 schools) is about 13,000 per year NOT including living expenses

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by atlas6
tuition in texas (all 3 schools) is about 13,000 per year NOT including living expenses

I thought UT San Antonio was MUCH lower than this.

My buddy turned down a slew of schools to go to UT because he got a$ 4,000 scholarship and tuition was only $3,400.

Truth?

atlas6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2004
Status (Visible)
you can check out there website..........tuition is cheap but after paying labs,fees, etc.............its about 12-13k per year.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
Texas
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ItsGavinC
I thought UT San Antonio was MUCH lower than this.

My buddy turned down a slew of schools to go to UT because he got a$ 4,000 scholarship and tuition was only $3,400.

Truth?

Depends on whether you're in-state or out-of-state. In-staters pay around $5k tuition, with $10k fees to make $15k for 1st year approximately, and out-of-staters pay 3 times as much tuition and the same amount for fees for a total of about $25k. As you can see, the fees are a huge part, esp. 1st and 2nd years. I think it might get less bad 3rd & 4th years.

I'll get my ADEA book out tonight & see if I can provide some more concrete details; this is just what I'm remembering & may not be 100% accurate.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Longitude 80.0W Latitude 40.44N
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
My debt load (everything included: consumer debts, credit card debts, undergraduate loans, dental loans and all its interests) total will be around:

$350,000.00

when I graduate in 2006. Not worried one bit! :)

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Originally posted by Yah-E
My debt load (everything included: consumer debts, credit card debts, undergraduate loans, dental loans and all its interests) total will be around:

$350,000.00

when I graduate in 2006. Not worried one bit! :)

How large will the monthly payments will that be?? Also aren't you planning on going on for further studies?

gatorfan99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
U.S. Army
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
My total debt would be around 250,000
+pity+

However, since I am doing dental school with the Army scholarship it will be almost none! yay! :horns:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.