Debt load after dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your dental school debt load? You don't have to post the info in great detail since it might be very personal to some. Just a rough estimate may do.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by blankguy
What is your dental school debt load? You don't have to post the info in great detail since it might be very personal to some. Just a rough estimate may do.

I recently heard from some Dean or other that for graduates of the Texas dental schools, the average debt is $92,500 at graduation, and the tuition at TX schools is incredibly low, so I'd think that would be the lowest possible reasonable estimate. That's all the info I have, though. :)

tuition in texas (all 3 schools) is about 13,000 per year NOT including living expenses

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by atlas6
tuition in texas (all 3 schools) is about 13,000 per year NOT including living expenses

I thought UT San Antonio was MUCH lower than this.

My buddy turned down a slew of schools to go to UT because he got a$ 4,000 scholarship and tuition was only $3,400.

Truth?

you can check out there website..........tuition is cheap but after paying labs,fees, etc.............its about 12-13k per year.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
I thought UT San Antonio was MUCH lower than this.

My buddy turned down a slew of schools to go to UT because he got a$ 4,000 scholarship and tuition was only $3,400.

Truth?

Depends on whether you're in-state or out-of-state. In-staters pay around $5k tuition, with $10k fees to make $15k for 1st year approximately, and out-of-staters pay 3 times as much tuition and the same amount for fees for a total of about $25k. As you can see, the fees are a huge part, esp. 1st and 2nd years. I think it might get less bad 3rd & 4th years.

I'll get my ADEA book out tonight & see if I can provide some more concrete details; this is just what I'm remembering & may not be 100% accurate.

My debt load (everything included: consumer debts, credit card debts, undergraduate loans, dental loans and all its interests) total will be around:

$350,000.00

when I graduate in 2006. Not worried one bit! :)

Originally posted by Yah-E
My debt load (everything included: consumer debts, credit card debts, undergraduate loans, dental loans and all its interests) total will be around:

$350,000.00

when I graduate in 2006. Not worried one bit! :)

How large will the monthly payments will that be?? Also aren't you planning on going on for further studies?

My total debt would be around 250,000
+pity+

However, since I am doing dental school with the Army scholarship it will be almost none! yay! :horns: