dec 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r0entgen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

just curious....do we hear from the schools ON dec 1? or do they mail out the decisions on dec 1?...anyone know from experience?

Members don't see this ad.

r0entgen said:
hey guys,

just curious....do we hear from the schools ON dec 1? or do they mail out the decisions on dec 1?...anyone know from experience?

I know University of Louisville emails their acceptances 12:00 in the morning on December 1st.

Temple sends em out a few days before the 1st so that you actually get it on the 1st. That's what Brian said any way.

Members don't see this ad :)
donkeywhisperer said:
Temple sends em out a few days before the 1st so that you actually get it on the 1st. That's what Brian said any way.

hm...seems like every school does a different thing...anyone know about upenn?

call the school on dec 1st and ask them if you need to keep shopping or not.
Lets get a list going:

1) Temple sends em out so you get one in the mail Dec 1st.
2) Indiana says to call them.
3) Louisville emails you dec 1st at 12 am
4)

HEY MODS CAN YOU STICKY THIS TILL DEC 1ST?

1992Corolla said:
call the school on dec 1st and ask them if you need to keep shopping or not.
Lets get a list going:

4)

HEY MODS CAN YOU STICKY THIS TILL DEC 1ST?

no...i don't want to call them on dec 1st...the sounds so annoying...and there's probably going to be enough freaks calling on dec 1 as it is...i don't want to add to the list. don't want to annoy them in this way..

r0entgen said:
no...i don't want to call them on dec 1st...the sounds so annoying...and there's probably going to be enough freaks calling on dec 1 as it is...i don't want to add to the list. don't want to annoy them in this way..

Good advice.

You've already waited months, so being patient a few mroe hours or days is worth it (especially since you'll be dealing with these people for four more years). Some programs call, some mail, some email. Regardless of the method of each program's choice, you'll generally hear by the 3rd or 5th (if you're in) at the latest. Many schools do NOT contact wait-list applicants, though. And the last thing you want to do if on a wait list is call and bug the AA office.

And for the record, UNC sends a letter (and occasionally calls).

:rolleyes:

Okay. Well call Indiana, they tell you to. Otherwise wait for a couple of days.

jpollei said:
Good advice.

You've already waited months, so being patient a few mroe hours or days is worth it (especially since you'll be dealing with these people for four more years). Some programs call, some mail, some email. Regardless of the method of each program's choice, you'll generally hear by the 3rd or 5th (if you're in) at the latest. Many schools do NOT contact wait-list applicants, though. And the last thing you want to do if on a wait list is call and bug the AA office.

And for the record, UNC sends a letter (and occasionally calls).

Speaking of UNC, they also incidated that they won't be sending out letters until the 7th.

Columbia said they'll send the letters out on Nov 30th.

Sephisabin said:
Columbia said they'll send the letters out on Nov 30th.

well that's good to know...hopefully i'll hear something good from them on dec 1 then :)

anyone know about upenn?

r0entgen said:
well that's good to know...hopefully i'll hear something good from them on dec 1 then :)

anyone know about upenn?

they said they won't mail anything before Dec. 1, unlike schools that mail letters to arrive on Dec. 1.

Does anyone know about UMKC by chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
aj_qwert said:
Does anyone know about UMKC by chance?

I heard that if you're accepted UMKC will call you on Dec. 1st. did you already interview there?

Does anyone know if you can call Alabama-Birmingham?

As for the Texas schools, I've heard that calling is a waste of time - you have to wait for the letter in the mail.

ramona_k said:
I heard that if you're accepted UMKC will call you on Dec. 1st. did you already interview there?
I interviewed on Oct. 3rd...you?

FCIllini said:
Does anyone know if you can call Alabama-Birmingham?

As for the Texas schools, I've heard that calling is a waste of time - you have to wait for the letter in the mail.

do you know if they mail out decisions on dec 1, or do they mail them out to be received on/around dec 1?

r0entgen said:
do you know if they mail out decisions on dec 1, or do they mail them out to be received on/around dec 1?

From what I understand, they mail them out on Dec. 1st. Some Houston students told me the earliest any of them heard was Dec. 3rd.

As for San Antonio, the director of admissions said she puts the letters in the mailbox at 12a.m. on Dec. 1.

FCIllini said:
From what I understand, they mail them out on Dec. 1st. Some Houston students told me the earliest any of them heard was Dec. 3rd.

As for San Antonio, the director of admissions said she puts the letters in the mailbox at 12a.m. on Dec. 1.

I received a letter each day from December 2nd through December 4th last year (I lived in Austin). First letter was Baylor, then SA, then Houston.

But aren't all the post offices closed at 12 AM?

anybody knows how Nova handles december 1st acceptances?

UNC will be a late one they don't meet until after dec. 1...anybody know about Harvard??

bpenly said:
I received a letter each day from December 2nd through December 4th last year (I lived in Austin). First letter was Baylor, then SA, then Houston.

I'd love for the same to happen to me this year!!

I know that last year boston jumped the gun by a couple days. Many people got Acceptance letters two or three days before december first. UNC called people on the first of December last year. Tufts and CASE sent out letters on the first.

vasco said:
I know that last year boston jumped the gun by a couple days. Many people got Acceptance letters two or three days before december first. UNC called people on the first of December last year. Tufts and CASE sent out letters on the first.

at my CASE interview, one of the students said to call on december 1st and they will tell you over the phone. true, or even a good idea?

vasco said:

Any idea if UNC claimed to be meeting to make decisions on Dec 7th last year as well? Or is that unique to this cycle.

r0entgen said:
hey guys,

Many schools mail out acceptances a few days prior to December 1st so that you will receive THE packet on that date. I had a few in my mailbox that afternoon. :D It's like Christmas came early to my house, and I hope all of you will have that feeling as well! Hang in there! :thumbup:

It feels like it's never going to get here!! Ah! :smuggrin:

Louisville said they contact via email on December 1st. :scared: :love: :luck:

ramona_k said:
anybody knows how Nova handles december 1st acceptances?

On my interview, the students there said most of the students actually received the letter BEFORE Dec. 1.

bpenly said:

I understand that they mail out offer letters on Dec 1st, but when do the rejection letters go out? From my understanding, if you do not recieve a letter early dec then it does not mean you didn't get in, but rather that you are not among their 1st choice applicants. Does anyone know if this is correct?

rejection: school generally do not mail out rejection letters until the class is full. some schools will reject candidates early in the process if they have absolutely no chance of getting in. obviously, this strategy varies from school to school.

acceptance: acceptance letters will come in waves. for example, one school i interviewed at said they will interview 130 applicants from Oct-Feb for 60 slots. in early december, they will offer positions to the top 30 applicants. depending on how many place deposits, they will then send out another wave of acceptance letters. this process repeats until the class is full. this strategy probably doesn't vary much from school to school.

jr8047 said:
I understand that they mail out offer letters on Dec 1st, but when do the rejection letters go out? From my understanding, if you do not recieve a letter early dec then it does not mean you didn't get in, but rather that you are not among their 1st choice applicants. Does anyone know if this is correct?

some schools are really weird and they will never reject you or contact you at all in the whole cycle. so its very hard to tell that people would actually receieve and official acceptance or rejection from the schools.

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:
Speaking of UNC, they also incidated that they won't be sending out letters until the 7th.

Because our adcom meets on the 5th.

WhoooaaaBUNDY said:
Any idea if UNC claimed to be meeting to make decisions on Dec 7th last year as well? Or is that unique to this cycle.

We met Nov 30th last year. This year our cycle is just a week later. Patience is a good thing. :)

adding arizona
1992Corolla said:
Lets get a list going:

4) Arizona postmarks Dec 1st
5)

QUOTE]

anyone know anything about how maryland contacts you... i don't remember them giving out any information reguarding december acceptances when i was there

jpollei said:
We met Nov 30th last year. This year our cycle is just a week later. Patience is a good thing. :)

Are you on the Admissions comittee? If yes, please admit me. As soon as you confirm my admission i'll go ahead and forward you my application.
peace.

Does anyone know about UW by any chance?

pretty sure UMDNJ said they'd mail em out a few days before so you get them by dec. 1. except for if u live far away in u.s., then it mite be few days later.

I THINK.. then again, i kept falling asleep during the interview :eek: :smuggrin:

Gasedo said:
Does anyone know about UW by any chance?
\

i believe they call you on the first and will follow up with an acceptance letter.

Rose Mangold at Pitt said that accepted applicants will receive a phone call on Dec 1st :)

alfie5884 said:
Rose Mangold at Pitt said that accepted applicants will receive a phone call on Dec 1st :)

I second that.

eeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt more days! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D :laugh:

UF calls you 6 am on Dec 1. :sleep:

Really?! How nice. I'm sure those accepted wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind pulling an all-nighter so i can get a 4.30 am acceptance! :D There's no more sleeping after that. :)

UIC said that they meet Dec. 5th, so dont expect anything from them until at least the 7th at earliest.

Iowa told me yesterday that they mail acceptances on Dec 1st.

Hope that helps. If anyone knows anything about Marquette or Minnesota I'd appreciate it. :)