DEC 1st rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, do people get rejected this day as well, or, do they keep our application until the end of the cycle, in order to see how many actually want to attend after getting granted an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

premedman said:
Generally speaking, do people get rejected this day as well, or, do they keep our application until the end of the cycle, in order to see how many actually want to attend after getting granted an acceptance.

I don't think many will get rejected on dec 1

I think last cycle there was a school or two who mailed out both acceptance and rejection letters on Dec 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, maybe I'll get something after all.

Comet208 said:
I think last cycle there was a school or two who mailed out both acceptance and rejection letters on Dec 1st.

I have two brothers who are in dental school. They got their acceptances and rejections around Dec 1-4 from all schools applied to.

Did your brothers get recommended by your father as well? It is one thing to have a hard working, sucessful parent who can help you, but to gloat about your substandard stats and your acceptance due to a recommendation is another. Did you know George Bush went to Harvard grad school(business) and Yale undergrad (history)!!!! Do you think he earned it either? He probably got what they call gentlemen's C's, unless it was pass/fail.

Look, ignore mountainman. If you notice, he has now successfully runied every thread. Not one thread is on the topic it started out on

mochafreak said:
Hey, maybe I'll get something after all.

:laugh:

Don't worry bro, all you'll get is acceptance letters.

drengineer said:
:laugh:

Don't worry bro, all you'll get is acceptance letters.

I wish, but hey one wish has been granted...mountainman's been banned already. :clap:

my heart sank when i saw bunch of regular sized envelops. then i realized they were just bills. my heart sank even more.

polarnut said:
my heart sank when i saw bunch of regular sized envelops. then i realized they were just bills. my heart sank even more.

LOL would you trade some of those bills for a rejection letter? ;)

You might find out a rejection on the first, but most likely if you're not accepted, you will find out you've been put on hold or on the alt list.

polarnut said:

hahaha :laugh: funny you said that. But I felt the same way too :D I was telling my roommate this afternoon how other people got acceptance letters today and I got my utility bills :p

Big fat letters will come in time :love: . Good luck to all.

I had one rejection letter on DEC 1 last year, but also a phone call with an acceptance from another school (followed a few days later by an acceptance letter).

Good luck all.

premedman said:

It's possible, of course, but usually schools will notify you prior to December 1st or sometime thereafter. It would be cruel to time a rejection on such a special day.