dec columbia nyu interviews viable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nydds25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi... I was a late applicant and most interviews are post Dec. 1. I have NYU and Columbia in December. How much of a hill do I have to climb to get acceptances with these late interviews?

Obviously I did not give any stats, so just based off the late interviews is what I am asking.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
interesting data.. lots of dec-may NYU and Columbia interview acceptances.. sounds good

interesting data.. lots of dec-may NYU and Columbia interview acceptances.. sounds good

Unless you happen to be in the "special qualities" category your excitement may be premature.

what do you mean of "special qualities"? You mean being a strong candidate?

Last edited:
what do you mean of "special qualities"? You mean being a strong candidate?

My scores are
aa/ts/pa 21/23/20

That would be one category. Let's say a particular ds does not have a single applicant with an engineering degree and come post dec here comes one with relatively decent stats. The "special qualities" could apply to whatever would complement a diversity of the accepted/enrollee group in terms of gender, race, socio economic background, educational background, age, etc. etc. etc.