December 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzieMonster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it feel like Christmas has been rescheduled to December 1st this year?

I just can't wait until Santa (the mail man/webmail)
comes by and gives me my present (acceptance letter)!!!
for being such a good girl this year :)

I really hope that Santa doesn't bring me a lump of coal (rejection letter)...

Members don't see this ad.

Is it just me, or does it feel like Christmas has been rescheduled to December 1st this year?

now, have you been a good girl?:rolleyes:

I hear ya. I think Chinese new year is rescheduled too.

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha... hopefully there are 2 Christmases this year.

Christmas, Chinese New Year, Hanukkah and Diwali have all been rescheduled to Dec 1st 2010. Along with doomsday!

hahha funny threaddd..and my bday has been moveddd as well!!
its either gonna be a really good day or disappointing!!

Who else will be poppin champagne as early as 6am?

Don't pay attention to Dec 1st. The more you pay attention, the slower the time goes by. Look at me - I don't even know today's date. Lol

i have a final on the 2nd... what the ****....

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a final on the 2nd... what the ****....

OMG me too!!! I don't know how I'm going to be able to concentrate! I'm debating about asking for an extension :laugh:

tell me about it! i have a final 12/1...how am I gonna study the days following up to this day...

and what about the schools that make a phone call?? they probably won't be calling until at least 10AM....not 0:0:01am :( hang in there !

I called NYU and asked em how they were planning on notifying applicants and just mentioned that some schools contact over the phone too (read this on SDN) and the lady on the other end laughed and told me..stop reading SDN, they have a lot of rumors!!!! She said they would be sending out the letters on the 30th via postal mail. Phone call notifications are not permitted because there is no way to guarantee that you are you over the phone..

I called NYU and asked em how they were planning on notifying applicants and just mentioned that some schools contact over the phone too (read this on SDN) and the lady on the other end laughed and told me..stop reading SDN, they have a lot of rumors!!!! She said they would be sending out the letters on the 30th via postal mail. Phone call notifications are not permitted because there is no way to guarantee that you are you over the phone..
that is interesting as personally have been told that phone calls will be going out. There is an adcom on here that also wrote that they will give phone calls at 7:30 am on the first

Dont know...but NYU just said they are not aware of any schools that do this over the phone. Its postal mail for them or email for others.

Dont know...but NYU just said they are not aware of any schools that do this over the phone. Its postal mail for them or email for others.

the Dean at UCSF says he likes to personally call the students tell them they have been admitted and so he could congratulate them....

and like another SDNer said in a different thread..."that's some classy act"

UW's head of admissions makes the phone call. Read the admission thread from past years and talked directly talked to her about it.

For how much we pay in dental tuition, i feel that every school should call their accepted students. Schools like NYU, USC and UoP that charges extra, they should have something even more "classy" such as flying accepted students down to the school for a celebratory party or many even a 7-day trip to the Bahamas :)

the Dean at UCSF says he likes to personally call the students tell them they have been admitted and so he could congratulate them....

and like another SDNer said in a different thread..."that's some classy act"

For how much we pay in dental tuition, i feel that every school should call their accepted students. Schools like NYU, USC and UoP that charges extra, they should have something even more "classy" such as flying accepted students down to the school for a celebratory party or many even a 7-day trip to the Bahamas :)

Maybe they should set up a SDN spring break cruise :idea:

I agree...they should throw all the accepted people a party in NYC...and fly everyone out here..

Hotels in time square for the ball drop?

Less than three weeks to go until Dec 1st... just taking November one week at a time :D

Dec. 1st is actually the first day of Hanukkah :thumbup:

Maybe there will be a miracle and all of us will end up with 8 acceptances when we only thought we would receive one :) good luck everyone!

mamzel,

and its my birthday, and i was actually born on the first day of hanukkah! is this is a sign. :xf: :highfive:
All these years December 1 has just been the 335th day(336 on leap years) of the year and of little significance- now I have ascertained the importance of that day.
In order of importance:
1 First day of Hanukkah
2 snaggletoof's birthday
3 hopefully notification of dental school acceptance

I really do hope nyu accepts me...even tho hittelman interviewed me and he scared the living bajeezus outta me

Just an FYI, the first day of Hanukkah changes every year because the Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar. Though as a Jew myself...this would be a fabulous first day gift. lol

I really do hope nyu accepts me...even tho hittelman interviewed me and he scared the living bajeezus outta me

I'm DYING for NYU. I'm not sure why but I just felt like it was the perfect fit..ughhhh I'm never going to make it until Dec 1st. Good luck to you! Hopefully we both get in hah

I'm DYING for NYU. I'm not sure why but I just felt like it was the perfect fit..ughhhh I'm never going to make it until Dec 1st. Good luck to you! Hopefully we both get in hah

SAME HERE. Hopefully they liked us as much as we liked the school!!

All these years December 1 has just been the 335th day(336 on leap years) of the year and of little significance- now I have ascertained the importance of that day.
In order of importance:
1 First day of Hanukkah
2 snaggletoof's birthday
3 hopefully notification of dental school acceptance

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I got to find something better to do in the 4 days of Thanksgiving Break or I'll just go mad waiting for Dec 1st :scared:

I got to find something better to do in the 4 days of Thanksgiving Break or I'll just go mad waiting for Dec 1st :scared:

i'm sure there'll be plenty of turkey to keep us busy till dec 1 :cool:

I WANT NYU OH SO BAD

COME TO ME DECEMBER THE THIRD SINCE the decision will be mailed out dec 1st so i'm assuming dec 3rd is when we find out ah

UNLV encourages their interviewees to call the admissions office on Dec 1 for the decision! WOW. They are gonna be one busy office on the 1st. :cool:

it all depends on the school. for instance, ucsf admissions said they will be making phone calls starting dec 1st. but they may not get to you on that day necessarily. buffalo said they will mail you dec 1st.
but either way, if you had a pre-dec interview, it should be updated on AADSAS status the morning of Dec 1st. gluck.

it all depends on the school. for instance, ucsf admissions said they will be making phone calls starting dec 1st. but they may not get to you on that day necessarily. buffalo said they will mail you dec 1st.
but either way, if you had a pre-dec interview, it should be updated on AADSAS status the morning of Dec 1st. gluck.

It seems like quite a few schools that I applied to do not update AADSAS statuses.

I hope this trend changes come Dec. 1st :scared::thumbup:

tis is true. luckily for me, all the schools i interviewed at are on AADSAS.
but im assuming they will update on AADSAS cuz the schools are required to give an "answer" to AADSAS on dec 1st. guess we will see?
also, the school schoulda told ya their method of notification when you were there for the interview.

but im assuming they will update on AADSAS cuz the schools are required to give an "answer" to AADSAS on dec 1st. guess we will see?
also, the school schoulda told ya their method of notification when you were there for the interview.
they are not required to give an answer, they are not allowed to give an answer before the 1st

UF calls if you get accepted. I am trying to avoid my day planner until Dec. 1

I'm fairly certain schools are not required to give AADSAS an answer by Dec. 1st.

If conclusions are made by Dec. 1st, from what I recall:
UF: Calls.
Michigan: Calls.
Minnesota: Calls/Letter in mail a couple days later.
NYU: Calls.

I'm really hoping for some good news by Dec. 1st. I hope it doesn't get dragged out for me until January... Or worse yet May! :scared:

:luck::xf:

I'm fairly certain schools are not required to give AADSAS an answer by Dec. 1st.

If conclusions are made by Dec. 1st, from what I recall:
UF: Calls.
Michigan: Calls.
Minnesota: Calls/Letter in mail a couple days later.
NYU: Calls.

I'm really hoping for some good news by Dec. 1st. I hope it doesn't get dragged out for me until January... Or worse yet May! :scared:

:luck::xf:

NYU definitely does NOT update AADSAS, it says so in the confirmation email everyone gets once your application is complete there....i thought they only did a letter tho not a call! AHHHH omg if its a call i'm gonna have my phone on my on vibrate at all times!

i told myself going into this process I would only be upset if i got rejected from all 13 schools but after interviewing at NYU, if I don't get in I will be so upset :(

Jason P, what's the sleep trick? everyone at my interview who had hittleman seemed very flustered after. i'm sure since he's a psychologist he was running some kind of weird experiment on you