1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

December Application Buddies

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by the negative 1, Dec 4, 2005.

1. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Trying to keep the momentum going.

I know there tends to be a slowdown in the process by this month, but who knows what will happen next. I have one interview next week in Vermont and two coming up at Buffalo and Drexel just after the new year. Though I have one rejection from GW (not unexpected), there are still 12 schools on my roster.

:luck: Keep the faith all. :luck:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    cant get any slower for me :( so it better pick for the sake of the mailmen and the refresh button.
    good luck on your interviews

4. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm still chugging along. Submitted two secondaries, two interviews, 0 rejections and 0 acceptances so far. I'm submitting more secondaries in the next 2-3 weeks (Both LECOMs and PCSOM at the least)

5. medstylee

medstylee 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my november, in terms of med school stuff, was completely uneventful. luckily, december's been better so far. just had an interview at georgetown earlier in the week. it's a really great school - i hope i get in. also, i got an interview invite from nymc on 12/01. i originally scheduled it for march 20, but luckily i was able to call and bump it up to just two weeks from now! talk about a major difference. anyway, here's to hoping that we all have a good december. :thumbup:

6. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    when were you complete there?

7. MechE

MechE Med School's Slave
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Two interviews for me so far. No acceptances yet. I'll have my third interview in January.

8. medstylee

medstylee 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my status page says 8/23, so, a long time ago! there's still hope. i know people who got invites from nymc in march last year. good luck.

9. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanx, i was complete 10/25 so i guess long time for me

10. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Update for me:

4 Interview invites: Drexel, UConn, Creighton, MCV/VCU

I've gone on the Drexel interview and was put on the waitlist. I had my UConn Interview on Nov 18 and am still waiting to hear from them. I have the Creighton interview on Jan 6 and the MCV/VCU interview on Jan 25. I'm still waiting to hear from about 8 schools, and have been placed on pre-interview hold at almost 8 schools as well. Such a nightmare but I think, with 4 interviews, that I have a decent chance at getting in somewhere. Best of luck to the rest of you.

11. IAMS

IAMS in the scheme of things
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi Folks, I hope you all get some good news in the coming days. I think some schools know how we sit and stew over any bit of news, and even if you don't hear anything, keep up the faith.

So much of this process is about attitude and making the most of yourself in tough situations. Use this time to read a good book and get your mind off the mailbox. Think about what you want to accomplish in your career as a physician and prepare yourself mentally to kick some confident a$$ at your interviews. Really, there's nothing holding you back. Keep at it, and you'll get in. :luck: