Decided to delay applying another year--hows this sound?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just decided to delay applying another year since i feel like i'm rushing it quite a bit, and many things are going to come down to the last minute if i want to apply early. Of course i dont' want to apply late and lose some advantage so hey, i figure another year of post-bacc would help.

My question is, by next years application cycle, would a post-bacc GPA of 3.5-3.7 or so put me in a good condition? (70-90 units) I'm going to try to scrounge up some more money by teaching middle school science, and hopefully (doubtfully) find a paid job as an EMT-1. I'll of course still do extensive medical research to pay for the bulk of my life, so yea. I'm not concerned about other aspects of my application such as extracurriculars, this GPA thing is the only thing that is dragging me down. I think by next year, if all goes well, my cumulative (postbacc+undergrad) GPA will be 2.9 or so.

Boy, i really have to apply by next year though, my 34 on my MCAT runs out by then:(!!! But yea, so any thoughts about what my plans are or anything that i overlooked would be most appreciated. In summary though my plan is:

1) Reduce this quarters load due to work.
2) Teach underserved middle school students starting summer
3) Continue medical research
4) Maintain 3.5< with 13+ unit (full-time) courseload for next year

Members don't see this ad.