Deciding between 3 pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vangolgi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to have been accepted to a few different pharmacy schools, however I am having a tough time making a decision and am looking for some advice. Right now, I am deciding between ACPHS (Vermont Campus), LIU and SUNY Buffalo. I'm evaluating these schools based on cost of attendance/living, school rank, rate of acceptance for residencies, dual degree program availability, and overall atmosphere. An additional note, ACPHS and LIU both consider their first year (ACPHS first two years) as undergraduate, which means I will have to take out private loans in addition to federal loans to pay for the COA/COL. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has gone these route: what type of loans you got from where and if you worked to offset any of the costs, etc. Any advice or perspectives would be helpful especially from students/alums of these schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly, CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES!!!! UB sounds like the best bet here with SUNY tuition (assuming you’re a NYS resident), your ability to start as a P1, and the best USNews ranking out of the 3 (if that matters to you!)

Reactions: 1 user
UB is public, and has lower tuition, lower cost of living (than LIU at least, I'm not sure about Vermont), a great research program (and with that, several dual degrees programs available), and consistently higher NAPLEX pass rates.

Plus, if you're out of state, I believe you can pretty easily get in-state tuition after the first year. I would definitely pick UB out of your three options.

Reactions: 1 user