pippitherapy
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I was recently accepted into the OTD programs at tufts and mgh ihp. I am really excited about both programs and having a difficult time deciding!
My priorities
- I want to be a hand therapist so getting a hand therapy level II is very important to me. I know that the ihp is under the MGB umbrella, but doesn’t anyone have any insight on whether this actually results in getting better placements in the Boston area? Or does Tufts also have strong connections with ortho/hand therapy clinics in the area? I see the hand therapy certificate/electives at tufts as a major plus, but imagine that getting the level ii fieldwork in hand therapy is even more important.
- strong faculty support. I like that tufts assigns a faculty advisor and then you get a say in your advisor for the rest of your time. I don’t remember if the ihp has a similar program.
- strong alumni network that will help me get an ortho or hand therapy job after graduation/nbcot
- supportive community. Both the tufts and ihp facility seemed really kind and warm. I am a bit shy myself and value having a welcoming community.
Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!!
I was recently accepted into the OTD programs at tufts and mgh ihp. I am really excited about both programs and having a difficult time deciding!
My priorities
- I want to be a hand therapist so getting a hand therapy level II is very important to me. I know that the ihp is under the MGB umbrella, but doesn’t anyone have any insight on whether this actually results in getting better placements in the Boston area? Or does Tufts also have strong connections with ortho/hand therapy clinics in the area? I see the hand therapy certificate/electives at tufts as a major plus, but imagine that getting the level ii fieldwork in hand therapy is even more important.
- strong faculty support. I like that tufts assigns a faculty advisor and then you get a say in your advisor for the rest of your time. I don’t remember if the ihp has a similar program.
- strong alumni network that will help me get an ortho or hand therapy job after graduation/nbcot
- supportive community. Both the tufts and ihp facility seemed really kind and warm. I am a bit shy myself and value having a welcoming community.
Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!!