Deciding where to apply for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, After going through the residency application process I know how hard it can be to decide where to apply and how to rank programs you interview at. A buddy of mine started a website that helps you find which cities are a good fit. I used it and found it very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You came back after 7 years off the website to peddle this service? Interesting.

Guys, Google is great. Also if you haven't utilized the specialty spreadsheets do it. I learned a lot about programs/towns through those. :)

Reactions: 1 user
You came back after 7 years off the website to peddle this service? Interesting.

Guys, Google is great. Also if you haven't utilized the specialty spreadsheets do it. I learned a lot about programs/towns through those. :)

Im only responding to your comment because my buddy did not ask me to post about this and I don't appreciate your inference. I did in fact use this service myself, I did in fact find it useful, and anyone who wants to try it out can do so for free. I can however also attest that google and specialty spreadsheets are also very helpful in making these difficult decisions about residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish there's a "MSAR" type of program that gives more information. I learn about the programs with FREIDA (e.g. finding all residency program in a state), and then their individual website.

What are the specialty spreadsheets?

What are the specialty spreadsheets?
They’re always posted on Reddit and people give their impressions of the towns, programs, etc.
this years is here: It’ll take a little fill out though, you can also google the 2019-2020 spreadsheets to see a little more info.

Im only responding to your comment because my buddy did not ask me to post about this and I don't appreciate your inference. I did in fact use this service myself, I did in fact find it useful, and anyone who wants to try it out can do so for free. I can however also attest that google and specialty spreadsheets are also very helpful in making these difficult decisions about residency.
That’s cool, it’s just always suspect when someone comes back after years away only to peddle a product

Reactions: 1 users