Deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

india76571

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
i have a little problem and i want to ask you guys for your suggestion.

I have this great summer intership at this medical school waiting for me for this summer. But i already did this internship last year in the summer. But this years is upper level as you can say.

But in order me to graduate in 4 years (2009) i should be taking 3 summer classes. In order to just graduate without being supper senior ;) .

during this summer if i choose to take the classes i have an Opportunity to do research while taking the classes. And also i will be able to shadow a doctor at some other medical school.

Which one would you guys prefer staying in school for 5 years or getting out of school in 4 years. should i go with the internship or the other option.
Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

So your options are (a) summer internship and graduate in 5 years or (b) 3 classes + research + shadowing and graduate in 4?

I have to say that option b sounds too spread out. I spent a summer doing research and taking one evening class, and it really stretched me thin. Three summer classes is pretty much a full load in itself (you'll probably be in class about 6 hours a day, 5 days a week). I say go with the internship unless there is a serious financial incentive for you to graduate in 4 years.