Decision Day 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd watch the language if it were a real call.

Dean: We're accepting you to our dental school with a full scholarship!
Candidate: No f***ing way!!! Seriously??? With a f***ing scholarship? Holy f***!!! F***!!!

:)
I mean do you not want someone that excited? :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Share your acceptance story! HPSA/SDN wants to collect acceptance stories from you, especially if our SDN community has helped you navigate this process. Let me or @WildWing know, though we can wait until after the first day or two of euphoria. I think we would even welcome a short video. :)

Many of you may not get accepted (right away), but I hope you know we all are rooting for you too. But for now...

Back to social media, DO YOUR HASHTAG HOMEWORK NOW! Don't make a social media announcement for 48 hours, including posts on reddit or here unless you really nailed your top choice. (Feel free to post if you have multiple acceptances, and use our X vs. Y subforum.)

if you decide to have a little TikTok (or similar) fun with sharing your news to everyone, mention us too (@studentdoctor).
Keep it clean but make it really fun! If your school uses a specific "class of 2027" or "accepted" hashtag, use it as well as their program's address. The marketing and alumni offices would appreciate it. Hopefully, you also have the program's mentions for admissions and student affairs. And the ASDA chapter or the SNDA chapter or the HDA chapter...

If you have multiple acceptances, remember you have 30 days. You have time to play it cool and consider your options, so don't rush it. Also read the rest of the ADEA AADSAS traffic rules. ... But after you make your decision and notify the schools, I'd then go to the viral short video and make your announcement. Like your athletic high school friends on National Signing Day. Or maybe like Lee Corso with the mascot heads. Then you can use your hashtag skills to push it out and try to make it viral. (But for heaven's sake, don't do anything like a baby's "gender reveal" party.)

If you are going to turn down acceptances, you can let us know on the school-specific threads to give those placed on alternate status some hope.

So start practicing that viral SDN "dental school acceptance dance"(*) even with your family over the holiday break. Promoting yourself will be part of your sign of success as a dentist in your future, so be thoughtful, deliberate, professional, and fun about it. We on HPSA/SDN are solidly pro-pets (dogs/puppies, cats/kittens, birds, etc.).

P.S. Do not announce on these viral videos if you have scholarships, especially if you want to negotiate. Seriously, be smart about what you will say as now anything you post on SM can be used against you. :)

Another P.S. I'm sure the ADEA GoDental folks also want a piece of the action so mention them too. :) They probably have a hashtag ready to go.

(*) I'm not choreographing any flash mobs, but if anyone wants to do one, let us know. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you notes!

What are you gifting to your references, advisors, and mentors?

Hopefully after the euphoria of the moment a decision is received (and giving yourself about 24 to 48 hours to process), do you have thoughts about a thank you sign or gift?

Suggestions include with a note:
1) small gift card (Netflix, Disney plus, restaurant, etc.) 🎁
2) small package of cookies 🍪
3) tea or coffee with a nice mug ☕
4) candies, chocolate, or granola 🍬
5) anything handmade (crochet)

Thank your advisors and mentors properly.

Find out if your predental peers have a small party or place to celebrate online. Check in on your friends who didn't have a good result on D day... their time will hopefully come.

Oh yes, focus on finishing your classes strong. If you have exams this week, it is hard to focus but get it done.

PS. I haven't seen anything on TMDSAS about what to do after you get an offer specifically for D day, but there may be something I haven't noticed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know which schools are releasing decisions at midnight ? Or any time to be exact?

Accepted at WesternU as of 10 AM EST (7AM PST) ! 🤩

Just received a call from WesternU at 8:45 a.m. pacific time 😊😊

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at Touro via email at midnight EST and Stony Brook via call at 11:30AM EST :)

Notification reports: not all precincts have reported based on SDN forums activity. Please confirm details when prompted.

School - Method/Time

AL Alabama - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
AZ ASDOH - phone calls beginning around 11am MST/1pm EST (please confirm)
AZ Midwestern AZ - email around noon EST / 10am MST, check school portal for enrollment deposit form
CA Loma Linda - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA Northstate - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST, email later
CA UCLA - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA UCSF - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA UoP - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA USC - ADEA AADSAS portal update at midnight EST?
CA Western - email and calls beginning at start of workday PST
CO Colorado - phone calls beginning at start of workday MST (please confirm)
CT UConn - email beginning at start of workday EST
DC Howard - email at midnight EST
FL LECOM - email at midnight EST
FL NOVA -phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
FL UF - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST, emails by afternoon of workday EST
GA Georgia - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
IA Iowa - email at midnight EST/11pm CST
IL MWU-IL - DAT Bootcamp says decisions were sent out (please confirm), calls beginning around noon EST?
IL S. Illinois (SIU) - Following "check back" ADEA AADSAS status, offer disclosed on portal and email after midnight EST?
IL Illinois (UIC) - email? at start of workday CST (please confirm)
IN Indiana - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
KY Kentucky - email at midnight EST (please confirm)
KY Louisville - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
LA Louisiana - email at 8am CST
ME New England - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST, with ADEA AADSAS portal change (please confirm)
MD Maryland - email at 8AM EST
MA Boston - portal change at start of workday EST (please confirm)
MA Harvard - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MA Tufts - email around midnight PST/3am EST
MI UDM - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MI Michigan - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MN Minnesota - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST, emails by evening
MS Mississippi - check AADSAS portal? (no process documented)
MO KCU Joplin - email at midnight CST (please confirm)
MO Missouri KC - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
MO MOSDOH - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST, emails to check school portal for admissions contract
NE Creighton - email at midnight EST/11pm CST
NE Nebraska - email at midnight CST
NV Las Vegas - portal change, email at start of workday MST, phone calls at start of workday MST
NJ Rutgers - email at 8am EST/5am PST
NY Columbia - email and ADEA AADSAS portal change at 9am EST
NY NYU - email and portal change by afternoon of workday EST
NY Buffalo - email at start of workday EST (please confirm)
NY Stony Brook - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
NY Touro - email at midnight EST
NC ECU - email at 8am EST
NC UNC - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
OH Case - email at 12am EST
OH Ohio St - school portal change after end of workday, emails by midnight+1 day EST ; (please confirm) phone calls beginning after end of workday/evening EST
OK Oklahoma[/COLOR] -
OR Oregon - email and ADEA AADSAS portal change at midnight PST/3am EST (please confirm)
PA Temple - email at midnight EST
PA Penn - phone calls beginning afternoon of workday EST
PA Pitt - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
PR Puerto Rico - check AADSAS portal? (no process documented)
SC MUSC - (to confirm) notification at start or workday EST
TN LMU - check AADSAS portal? (No process documented)
TN Meharry -ADEA AADSAS portal change at midnight EST
TN Tennessee - phone calls beginning at afternoon of workday EST (please confirm)
TX Texas A&M - email at 3am CST
TX Texas Houston - email at midnight CST
TX Texas San Antonio - email at midnight CST
TX Texas Tech El Paso - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
UT Roseman - phone calls around 11am MST/1pm EST (please confirm)
UT Utah - email around midnight MST/2am EST
VA VCU - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
WA Wash - ADEA AADSAS portal change around midnight EST/9pm PST
WV WVU - phone calls beginning after end of workday/evening EST
WI Marquette - email at 6AM CST/7AM EST, phone calls beginning at start of workday CST

Last edited:
Accepted at Marquette: email at 6 AM CST
Phone Call at 10:20 AM CST

Notification reports: not all precincts have reported based on SDN forums activity. Please confirm details when prompted.

School - Method/Time

AL Alabama - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
AZ ASDOH - phone calls beginning around 11am MST/1pm EST (please confirm)
AZ Midwestern AZ - email around noon EST / 10am MST, check school portal for enrollment deposit form
CA Loma Linda - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA Northstate - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST, email later
CA UCLA - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA UCSF - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA UoP - phone calls beginning at start of workday PST
CA USC - ADEA AADSAS portal update at midnight EST?
CA Western - email and calls beginning at start of workday PST
CO Colorado - phone calls beginning at start of workday MST (please confirm)
CT UConn - email beginning at start of workday EST
DC Howard - email at midnight EST
FL LECOM - email at midnight EST
FL NOVA -phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
FL UF - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST, emails by afternoon of workday EST
GA Georgia - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
IA Iowa - email at midnight EST/11pm CST
IL MWU-IL - DAT Bootcamp says decisions were sent out (please confirm), calls beginning around noon EST?
IL S. Illinois (SIU) - Following "check back" ADEA AADSAS status, offer disclosed on portal and email after midnight EST?
IL Illinois (UIC) - email? at start of workday CST (please confirm)
IN Indiana - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
KY Kentucky - email at midnight EST (please confirm)
KY Louisville - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
LA Louisiana - email at 8am CST
ME New England - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST, with ADEA AADSAS portal change (please confirm)
MD Maryland - email at 8AM EST
MA Boston - portal change at start of workday EST (please confirm)
MA Harvard - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MA Tufts - email around midnight PST/3am EST
MI UDM - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MI Michigan - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
MN Minnesota - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST, emails by evening
MS Mississippi -
MO KCU Joplin - email at midnight CST (please confirm)
MO Missouri KC - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
MO MOSDOH - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST, emails to check school portal for admissions contract
NE Creighton - email at midnight EST/11pm CST
NE Nebraska - email at midnight CST
NV Las Vegas - portal change, email at start of workday MST, phone calls at start of workday MST
NJ Rutgers - email at 8am EST/5am PST
NY Columbia - email and ADEA AADSAS portal change at 9am EST
NY NYU - email and portal change by afternoon of workday EST
NY Buffalo - email at start of workday EST (please confirm)
NY Stony Brook - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
NY Touro - email at midnight EST
NC ECU - email at 8am EST
NC UNC - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
OH Case - email at 12am EST
OH Ohio St -
OK Oklahoma -
OR Oregon - email and ADEA AADSAS portal change at midnight PST/3am EST (please confirm)
PA Temple - email at midnight EST
PA Penn - (please confirm) phone calls beginning afternoon of workday EST
PA Pitt - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
PR Puerto Rico -
SC MUSC - (to confirm) notification at start or workday EST
TN Meharry -ADEA AADSAS portal change at midnight EST
TN Tennessee - phone calls beginning at afternoon of workday EST (please confirm)
TX Texas A&M - email at 3am CST
TX Texas Houston - email at midnight CST
TX Texas San Antonio - email at midnight CST
TX Texas Tech El Paso - phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
UT Roseman - phone calls around 11am MST/1pm EST (please confirm)
UT Utah - email around midnight MST/2am EST
VA VCU - phone calls beginning at start of workday EST
WA Wash - ADEA AADSAS portal change around midnight EST/9pm PST
WV WVU -
WI Marquette - email at 6AM CST/7AM EST, phone calls beginning at start of workday CST
What about Lincoln Memorial in Tennessee?

penn has begun calling for acceptances

which schools inform you if you are rejected and which just ghost you?

Hello, I am new to SDN. I had a question. Are all the decisions released on the 15th? or do they begin from the 15th? I got interviews from all the six schools I applied to, with A&M being my earliest on August 2nd. However, I have not heard back from any of them. I am incredibly anxious, could somebody help me?

which schools inform you if you are rejected and which just ghost you?
You'll have to check each school thread. Not all rejections happen on December 15; rejections are not limited to Decision Day.

Ghosting depends on where you stand in the committee's eyes. You might get silently "waitlisted" because they want to keep deliberating on your application. Sometimes they are waiting for something else with your file for a final decision (like your fall term grades or a letter of recommendation that hasn't been received). In other words, there's no rule about this, but it happens for a number of reasons internal to the adcom.

Hello, I am new to SDN. I had a question. Are all the decisions released on the 15th? or do they begin from the 15th? I got interviews from all the six schools I applied to, with A&M being my earliest on August 2nd. However, I have not heard back from any of them. I am incredibly anxious, could somebody help me?
Read the ADEA AADSAS Traffic Rules (linked earlier in this thread). The traffic rules apply to offers only. I'm sorry you haven't heard back from any of your schools (yet).

you should be happy you got 6 interviews
trust the process...

Is there a deadline for paying the initial deposit for each school, or is it something you have to do immediately after you accept an offer? I am asking because I got waitlisted for NYU.

Is there a deadline for paying the initial deposit for each school, or is it something you have to do immediately after you accept an offer? I am asking because I got waitlisted for NYU.
Generally, it's 30 days from December 15th through January 31st (If you received an offer on 1/31 you get 30 days), Starting 2/1 it's 15 days until 5/15 when the school can then decide how long you have to accept or 2 weeks before school starts. All can be found, here. Also quoted below:

"Applicant Response Periods. Allow an applicant who has been given a provisional or final acceptance between Dec. 15 and Jan. 31 the minimum response period of 30 days. For applicants accepted on or after Feb. 1, the minimum response period may be reduced to 15 days. The response period may be lifted after May 15, or two weeks before the beginning of the academic year, whichever comes first. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class."

Still in the game: waitlist on Decision Day is still okay

So many of you may have been placed on a waitlist or few but not get offers. Is there any hope?

You betcha. Remember the Traffic Rules are your friend. You also know the next approximate date for decisions near the middle to end of January.

What can you do now?
Stay upbeat. Depending on the school you are probably in a waitlist pool (unranked individuals, but maybe ranked in a group preference in that you may be IS/OOS or for demographics). You don't know for sure, but that is likely what is going on.

Check-in after the new year.
You may get a survey from the school asking if you are still interested to stay in the waiting pool. Other alternates and offered students will decline their places, so it raises your chances to get an offer. If you get such a survey... you know what to do.

Until you get a survey, and a brief note stating your continued interest. You can send your semester grade update if you are still in school, or ask if you need to do the Academic Update in AADSAS. In any case, be polite. This is a way to let the offices know your are still in play.

Reach out to dental students you met on your interview. See if students can share stories of how late in the cycle they got an offer.

If you still have schools that have put you in an interview hold/waitlist, reach out by next week Tuesday. The admissions offices have to fill their interview days, and many prior on interview hold with you may have gotten accepted elsewhere. If you happen to be available, you could snag an interview at a school.

So hold your head high, knowing there's still some work to do.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Mr Smile,
Wondering if you can give some guidance. If interview took place early in cycle and now radio silence what is the best way to reach out? Send an update email (grades, volunteering, etc.) and express strong interest in the school?
I’m sure many folks are in the same position. Hesitant to reach out and hurt one’s chances, but anxious to sit back and do nothing.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Last edited:
Hi Mr Smile,
Wondering if you can give some guidance. If interview took place early in cycle and now radio silence what is the best way to reach out? Send an update email (grades, volunteering, etc.) and express strong interest in the school?
I’m sure many folks are in the same position. Hesitant to reach out and hurt one’s chances, but anxious to sit back and do nothing.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!
I know no news didn't feel like good news. At this point conduct yourself in the same boat as being on a waitlist. All the advice in the above post applies to you.

It bugs me that some adcoms don't always contact everyone who interviewed previously (exception of the interview was too recent for a decision). That said, I have had my problems with interviewers who forget to submit their reviews. But who knows why they didn't notify you. Don't dwell on this. Again, read my article "While you are waiting ."

Take my advice in connecting with them after the new year. By then you should be able to comment on grades from fall term and reaffirm your interest in the school.

Prepare for a reapplication until you hear otherwise.

Happy New Year!

If you didn't get a Christmas-time II surprise, more are sprinkled around in the month of January. Most schools are trying to fill with commits by the end of February, so as long d there are interview spaces, you have a chance. Private programs will generally interview longer through April or May.

Update letters are great if you have interviewed at a program but were waitlisted. Your transcripts should be ready so ask if the school wants an academic update. It's not clear the update may change anything about your alternate status, but a good term never hurts.

Pay attention to instructions about paying your deposit. Does your school require a certified bank check? Is your deposit extended over time: a deposit in January, another in March, final in May? Recognize if the deposits are non refundable.

Certiphi background checks: many schools don't really start this until spring, but don't do something crazy that gets reported for the rest of the year. No DUIs. Drive safely under your speed limit. No more IA's. No drugs. Stay clean and be a model citizen.

And please don't try to pre-study. Take advantage of second look weekends and ask students how best they prepare for the first year, including technology and study aids. Talk to seniors who are thinking about moving out of their apartments. Sign up for campus alerts and monitor what campus communications is like in case of emergencies. And don't buy anything new until you begin school. (Others may differ with this, so please add.)

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.