1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

decision: U.Chicago vs. Yale ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Burtland, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Burtland

Burtland Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Guys-
    I know you must be sick of these posts, but I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on which acceptance I should take.
    I went to Yale for undergrand, so am pretty unexcited by the idea of spending another 4 years in New Haven. But, I really love the idea of not too much class time, no competition, no grades, and lots of free time. Plus, I don't mind a thesis and the academic environment of Yale in general is awesome.
    But, I would really love to be in Chicago. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that Pritzker's academic repuation is up to par with Yale's. Does anybody agree with this? What are your thoughts?!
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. froggy

froggy New Member

Both schools have great academic reputations, and you should be able to do just about anything you want coming out of either program, so if you want to be in Chicago, I think you should definately chose Pritzker!

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Prit has all those things except more class time. If ya want a change of scenery- hop over to Hyde Park! --Trek

5. trouta

trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you are unexcited about the environment, that will put a negative light on everything. Sounds like you want to go to Chicago so you should.

6. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by trouta:
    <strong>If you are unexcited about the environment, that will put a negative light on everything. Sounds like you want to go to Chicago so you should.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep! Do it.