Decisions about my future, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a very specific question: what would you choose between UQ-OSCHNER AUSTRALIA OR WESTERN POMONA D.O?

I am a at a crossroads, I have no interviews other than the ones i received ^ so MD schools seem to be out of the way and I am trying to focus on my end goal of becoming a doctor. which would you choose between the UQ-OSCHNER MD ROUTE or the WesternU pomona DO school?
Please assist as I want my degree to be recognized worldwide and in the United States (Where I will be practicing most likely)

my gpa: 3.7
spa: 3.66
masters gpa: 3.67
mcat score : 505

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you ask this after you've gotten your acceptance letter?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know much about Australian schools but I've seen the general concensus being that if you want to practice in the US, it's best to go to a school in the US (DO or MD).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a very specific question: what would you choose between UQ-OSCHNER AUSTRALIA OR WESTERN POMONA D.O?

I am a at a crossroads, I have no interviews other than the ones i received ^ so MD schools seem to be out of the way and I am trying to focus on my end goal of becoming a doctor. which would you choose between the UQ-OSCHNER MD ROUTE or the WesternU pomona DO school?
Please assist as I want my degree to be recognized worldwide and in the United States (Where I will be practicing most likely)

my gpa: 3.7
spa: 3.66
masters gpa: 3.67
mcat score : 505

Where did you apply(MD)? It's only September you have a couple of months before you should start worrying. Your MCAT is lowish but if you picked the right schools and have the appropriate ECs I don't think you should make a decision yet.

I am from the U.S.,, I applied to MD SCHOOLS:

Albany,
California Northstate,
UCLA, USC, UCI, UC DAVIS, UCR,
Central Michigan
,Drexel,
Eastern Virginia
,Florida State,
Hofstra,
LSU, Loma Linda, Marshall, Meharry,
Michigan State, Morehouse,
NYU, NYMC, SUNY DOWNSTATE, SUNY UPSTATE,
OREGAN HEALTH, Penn State, Quinnipac,
Rosalind Franklin,Rush,
The University of Toledo College of Medicine,
Uni. of North Dakota Sch. of Med. & Hlth. Sci., University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tuscon,
Uni of Hawaii, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Michigan Medical School, Uni of Nevada, , Uni of Nevada- Reno, Uni of Utah,
Uni of Virginia,
University of Washington School of Medicine,
VCU,
Wayne State University School of Medicine,
West Virginia,
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine

I applied to 8 DO schools
AZCOM
ACOM
ROCKY VISTA
LECOM
NSU
WESTERN POMONA
TOURO -CA
NYIT

I have received all interviews for the DO schools except no reply from tour or nyit

I have an acceptance already to UQ- OSCHNER for February
and an acceptance to SGU in the caribbean

I am from the U.S.,, I applied to MD SCHOOLS:

Albany,
California Northstate,
UCLA, USC, UCI, UC DAVIS, UCR,
Central Michigan
,Drexel,
Eastern Virginia
,Florida State,
Hofstra,
LSU, Loma Linda, Marshall, Meharry,
Michigan State, Morehouse,
NYU, NYMC, SUNY DOWNSTATE, SUNY UPSTATE,
OREGAN HEALTH, Penn State, Quinnipac,
Rosalind Franklin,Rush,
The University of Toledo College of Medicine,
Uni. of North Dakota Sch. of Med. & Hlth. Sci., University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tuscon,
Uni of Hawaii, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Michigan Medical School, Uni of Nevada, , Uni of Nevada- Reno, Uni of Utah,
Uni of Virginia,
University of Washington School of Medicine,
VCU,
Wayne State University School of Medicine,
West Virginia,
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine

I applied to 8 DO schools
AZCOM
ACOM
ROCKY VISTA
LECOM
NSU
WESTERN POMONA
TOURO -CA
NYIT

I have received all interviews for the DO schools except no reply from tour or nyit

I have an acceptance already to UQ- OSCHNER for February
and an acceptance to SGU in the caribbean

Oh my wooooooord that's a lot of schools.

Unless you are from California there is really no reason to apply to but one UC if and only if your background, as demonstrated by your application, strongly coaligns with that UC's mission.

Your GPA isn't bad I don't know why you didn't just take an extra couple months to study for a second MCAT attempt rather than wasting money applying to everything from UVA to Carribean schools.

Looks like you'll get into at least 1 US DO school why would you consider an Austrailian DO school?

This isn't adding up...

The Australian school isn't a DO school, it is an MD school.It is the OSCHNER Program. I am a re applicant and it is actually my third mcat , my first two were 497. I graduated in 2016 from my masters and am eager to get started.

What do you all suggest choosing UQ-OSCHNER in Australia (MD) or Western Pomona COMP DO?
I have interviews for NSU, LECOM, ACOM ,Rocky Vista
ALL D.O. but would UQ OSCHNER be a better choice?

What do you all suggest choosing UQ-OSCHNER in Australia (MD) or Western Pomona COMP DO?
I have interviews for NSU, LECOM, ACOM ,Rocky Vista
ALL D.O. but would UQ OSCHNER be a better choice?

UQ-Oschner. They presented at my postbacc and from what I remember you do rotations in the states for about half of it and it shouldn't be that hard to come back. good luck!!