Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm shocked to say that I've had the awesome luck of being accepted to both UPenn and Tufts, two schools that were among the highest on my list. 😱 Before anyone suggests this, I've looked at ALL the previous forums comparing the two, and I'm really leaning towards Tufts, but I just don't know which would be the best decision financially. I was kind of hoping this wouldn't happen so I wouldn't be facing this decision!! I'm OOS for both and they're both ridiculously expensive, but Tufts is about an hour from home and I'd rather live in a more rural area (along with many other factors in Tufts' favor as well). HOWEVER, I was considering applying to the combined VMD/PhD program at Penn (I'm 99% sure they don't have one at Tufts?), which would waive the tuition and provide me with a stipend. I already have ~$50k in undergrad loans, but I don't know if there's actually a good enough chance of me getting into the program that I should risk going to Penn when I feel more comfortable at Tufts. I know they only accept up to about 3 people at most per year into the combined program, and I don't have any research publications yet (about 2000 hours of serious undergrad research experience though). Does anyone have any experience with this/suggestions for me? 😕 Thanks! 🙂

M.A.