Decisions!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbrothers

Reaction score
I will be done with my bachelors in bus admin in march. I finally decided I wanted to go into psychology more on the mental health side. I eventually want to get my PsyD. Question is do I go into my masters first if that's an option or can I go straight into a PsyD. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

What do you want to do on a day by day basis? And, how many years do you want to be paying off your debt?
psychotherapy, assessing maybe clinical. To be honest I'm still doing a lot of research. I still have half of my gi bill left over but I want to give myself no more than 3-5 yrs to pay off

If it's primarily therapy you want, I'd look into a masters or SW degree. That's all you need and that's what it is getting hired in a lot of places. If you still want to go the doctoral route, I'd expand that search to all fully funded programs, that is, reputable PsyDs and PhDs. Even with half of your GI Bill, the diploma mills will still hit you for over 50k in tuition, which will take a while to pay off with the usual salary for most psychologists.