Definition of "reapplicant"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgeomally

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I submitted my AMCAS last year to schools, but later decide to not turn in the secondary, is this considered reapplication to those schools? Should I avoid applying to those schools this year (I am scared that not turning in a seconday looks bad)? I am trying to decide on my list of schools so any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

georgeomally said:
If I submitted my AMCAS last year to schools, but later decide to not turn in the secondary, is this considered reapplication to those schools? Should I avoid applying to those schools this year (I am scared that not turning in a seconday looks bad)? I am trying to decide on my list of schools so any help would be appreciated!

If you submitted AMCAS, indicated schools on it, and didn't formally withdraw your application at all places, you are a reapplicant. That doesn't mean you cannot apply to the same schools, but they may regard you differently than a first time applicant (in terms of needing to show improvement, etc).