Delayed ERAS submission - any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhenTheSaintsGoMarchingIn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, US MD applying IM here. I’m not the most tech savy and made a massive error on ERAS on September 27th - I was planning on applying to 50 IM programs, and thought I did. But turns out I submitted ERAS to only 20 of them. Either I didn’t select the other 30, or there was some internet issue, or something. IDK what happened. Feel like an idiot. Anyways, I realized this on Thursday, September 29th when I finally logged back into ERAS, and quickly added the other 30 programs and assigned my letters/transcript/photo/PS to them. This was at like noon on the 29th.

I’ve been losing sleep over this mistake for the past few days, so I finally decided to post here. Will this delay of ~1 day tank my chances at these 30 IM programs? I’m 4th quartile with low Step 1/decent Step 2, so I know I already had little room for error. Thanks so much for your thoughts & help!

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not. Programs are sifting through applications now, it's unlikely that any program reviewed all of their apps on 9/28. Reviewers might not even notice the issue. In any case, there's nothing you can do about it now except learn from the error.

Reactions: 3 users
Probably not. Programs are sifting through applications now, it's unlikely that any program reviewed all of their apps on 9/28. Reviewers might not even notice the issue. In any case, there's nothing you can do about it now except learn from the error.
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I’ll definitely try to learn from this mistake.