Delete thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hullcrush

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Agreed upon. Got a chip on my shoulder cuz I work for the paper

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to be very careful because this guy or girl might be on these boards.

I am a student at a small school where I know this person and have had several classes with them. They are not a bad person, and I feel slightly sorry for them.

This person received a DWI/DUI recently and was arrested. Our student paper is well circulated and the police notices are posted prominently. This student decided to remove the papers from the stands and burn them in a fraternity-sponsored bonfire. This student also holds a position on a student government committee, and is the president of blah blah blah.

Although person x shouldn't be expelled or anything, they are a shoo-in for med school most likely. In my mind, these kind of actions are unforgivable in terms of ADCOM.

Any views from peanut gallery?

Well it really doesn't matter at all how you view this person's situation as you are not on an ADCOM. If this person is convicted then it will certainly be a part of their criminal history which if he or she doesn't disclose will definitely come out in a background check at some point at which point that person will be expelled/license revoked, etc. If they do disclose this and are still admitted than they have nothing to worry about. A DUI/DWI will make gaining an acceptance much more difficult but your judgment about it being unforgivable really hold no weight. I would focus more on what you need to do to get to med school and let this person sort out their issues on their own.

you shouldn't burn newspapers...we need free speech