Delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackiethehutt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what your major is and you can't prepare for med school with undergrad classes very much. The time will be better spent on non-academic avenues of your application.

Also, arriving at a particular specialty by means of philosophical discourse is a fool's errand.

Hi guys, I'm new around here, but I've been reading around and was hoping I could receive some advice. I'm currently working on an AA-T and will attend Cal State next fall (2016). I have my eyes set on getting a BA in Biological Psychology, however, after much much much thought and consideration, I've realized I want to get into medical school and become a Psychiatrist. The university I'll be attending offers a BA or BS in Pre-Med, but I want that BA in Biological Psychology more than anything. Would double majoring be pushing it? Should I just complete the medical school pre-requisites? I'm worried I won't be prepared for the first two years of medical school (that is if I even get in, haha) if I only complete the pre-requisites. However, double-majoring would require more time and I've already spent a year and a half out of school because I moved states (out-of-state tuition is harsh). Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)[/QUOTE

Major in whatever you want. If your primary goal is to get into med school then focus on completing and doing well on the premed requirement courses which are meant to prepare you for the MCAT. If you do well on the MCAT and obtain a decent GPA, then whether you majored in Biology or in PE (is that a major?) doesn't really matter.

Reactions: 1 user