This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SubclavianSteel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is recommended for the anesthesia CCM boards? Which study questions do people recommend? I've been doing SEEK CCM questions and reading text books, but is this enough? I've been out of fellowship a few years. Any advice is helpful, T-minus 6 months. Thanks

Did all of the SEEK questions and the SCCM self-assessment here (SCCM | Self-Assessment: Adult). Went back and read the relevant chapters in Parrillo's textbook or uptodate articles for the questions or topics I had trouble with. All the materials cost an arm and a leg but it allowed me to crush the exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did, everything is 4+ years old, and about the IM CC boards, not anesthesia.
You need to do a better search. We've discussed this topic multiple times. I myself have posted on it in a few threads. Check the critical care forum as well. You can use the sccm book and their question book. They also have a live course and an online course . Find every question source you can. Sccm, seek, accp.

Reactions: 1 user
I did, everything is 4+ years old, and about the IM CC boards, not anesthesia.
Anesthesia is not much different as exam, just as format.

You need to cover everything in here: http://www.theaba.org/PDFs/Critical-Care-Medicine/ContentOutline_CCM

I would start by reading the Critical Care Study Guide: Text and Review, from Springer (free PDF if your institution has SpringerLink), which is pretty good, despite being from 2010, and supplement it with reading up on the content outline from your favorite textbook. The SCCM review is pretty good, too. Same for the SEEK questions, if I remember correctly. There is no real gold standard review text or course. Personally, I liked the Civetta MANUAL a lot (don't waste your money on the textbook).

I would also recommend David Tripp's free notes for the Australian exam: David Tripp's Study Notes.

This is a TOUGH exam. You will think that you failed, but you probably won't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any idea when 2018 CCM results come out? Today is the 4th week.