delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icevyne25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm currently a pre-pharmacy student in az and hopefully will be applying this coming fall for pharmacy school. My question is if any of you know or heard of people getting a pharmd degree in the U.S and then going overseas to countries like England, Australia or something like that to work as a pharmacist? Do you think it is a good idea?

From what I've seen, the pay in England is basically 60-70% of what U.S. pharmacists make ($55-75k or 35-50k £) and the conditions/future of pharmacy are just as bad. Going to a $100k+ pharmacy school in the U.S. and then moving somewhere where you make a fraction of the salary is a terrible idea in my book.

I think you have to get a Master's in Pharmacy (4 years, so essentially the same as here) plus a year post-graduate "fellowship". At the end of the year, your supervisor has to pass you before you can sit for the examination. Apparently you have to pass two 3-hour exams in the same day. That's my understanding of their process anyway, but it could differ somewhat.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you talking about? This is a marvelous idea! perhaps you can open a drive thru pharmacy in Scotland. Patients get 2 pounds of goat cheese every time they pick up a RX :smuggrin:

What are you talking about? This is a marvelous idea! perhaps you can open a drive thru pharmacy in Scotland. Patients get 2 pounds of goat cheese every time they pick up a RX :smuggrin:

If Scots had as many Rx's as the average American, they may as well give them the whole damn goat.