Quantcast

delete

USF TCOP - Virtual Information Sessions
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guitarmacy

Reaction score
I'm currently a pre-pharmacy student in az and hopefully will be applying this coming fall for pharmacy school. My question is if any of you know or heard of people getting a pharmd degree in the U.S and then going overseas to countries like England, Australia or something like that to work as a pharmacist? Do you think it is a good idea?

From what I've seen, the pay in England is basically 60-70% of what U.S. pharmacists make ($55-75k or 35-50k £) and the conditions/future of pharmacy are just as bad. Going to a $100k+ pharmacy school in the U.S. and then moving somewhere where you make a fraction of the salary is a terrible idea in my book.

Guitarmacy

Reaction score
I think you have to get a Master's in Pharmacy (4 years, so essentially the same as here) plus a year post-graduate "fellowship". At the end of the year, your supervisor has to pass you before you can sit for the examination. Apparently you have to pass two 3-hour exams in the same day. That's my understanding of their process anyway, but it could differ somewhat.

The Recoverer

Poppin' Bottles
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? This is a marvelous idea! perhaps you can open a drive thru pharmacy in Scotland. Patients get 2 pounds of goat cheese every time they pick up a RX :smuggrin:

Guitarmacy

Reaction score
What are you talking about? This is a marvelous idea! perhaps you can open a drive thru pharmacy in Scotland. Patients get 2 pounds of goat cheese every time they pick up a RX :smuggrin:

If Scots had as many Rx's as the average American, they may as well give them the whole damn goat.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.