Delete thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacyCat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delete because my post will be removed due to off topic

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
30F, failed out of pharmacy school as a p1 back in 2018 due to not being prepared and in the right mental state, went back to finish my biology degree and graduated. I have about 70k in school loans and feeling stagnant in life. Due to sunken fallacy cost I would like to go back to school to pursue a longterm career. If I were to do nursing it would be 16 months accelerated with an ABSN program then possibly NP although I'd have to take private loans. Or should I try to go back to pharmacy school to finish my doctorate in 3-4 years? I've worked as a tech in retail before and thought it was alright. I just don't know which one I would enjoy more. Friends as pharmacists say pay is good but quality life in retail worse, nurses also say they like it but they said it’s hard and they get extremely burnt out

if anyone mentions about tech I already finished a coding bootcamp during the pandemic for software engineering and it's not for me. I hated coding and it’s incredibly hard to get past the technical interviews. My peers from my bootcamp are getting laid off and leaving left and right.
Do you actually like either of the professions you're considering?

Do you actually like either of the professions you're considering?
I don’t know that much about nursing because I’ve never became a CNA. So I’m not sure if I would like it.

I don’t like work in general but gotta pay the bills. But I believe I would prefer both of these professions as to software engineering lol I only have customer service skills because of retail pharmacy

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know that much about nursing because I’ve never became a CNA. So I’m not sure if I would like it.

I don’t like work in general but gotta pay the bills. But I believe I would prefer both of these professions as to software engineering lol I only have customer service skills because of retail pharmacy
I guess what I'm getting at is: how did you decide on those 2-3 careers? Honestly sounds like none of them are a great fit for you.

What have you been doing since ~2018?

I guess what I'm getting at is: how did you decide on those 2-3 careers? Honestly sounds like none of them are a great fit for you.

What have you been doing since ~2018?
I went back to undergrad to finish my biology degree. Worked a random job for a year then did a coding bootcamp for software engineering. Been unemployed since. Mind if I DM you instead?

Last edited:
I went back to undergrad to finish my biology degree. Worked a random job for a year then did a coding bootcamp for software engineering. Been unemployed since. Mind if I DM you instead?
Yeah sure

No way pharm to CS is over glorifying, exaggerating about computer science…
Everyone with coding jobs are like totally fighting off super models and snorting cocaine off of flaming 100 bills
He’s not, it’s just coding was just for not me lol. It has a better quality of life iob for sure.

No way pharm to CS is over glorifying, exaggerating about computer science…
Everyone with coding jobs are like totally fighting off super models and snorting cocaine off of flaming 100 bills
Or was it "snorting super models, and fighting off cocaine" I am very confused.

But seriously, you are only 30, you have your whole life ahead of you. Why are you not looking into something totally different? Not pharmacy, nursing, or tech!
Just the statement that you don't like working, is a little troubling! Then again, who does enjoy working?

My advice to my students, when I was a preceptor was: "Marry somebody who is rich, I did! You think Pharmacy would provide me such a lavish lifestyle?" - jk -
My wife hated the comment!

Or was it "snorting super models, and fighting off cocaine" I am very confused.

But seriously, you are only 30, you have your whole life ahead of you. Why are you not looking into something totally different? Not pharmacy, nursing, or tech!
Just the statement that you don't like working, is a little troubling! Then again, who does enjoy working?

My advice to my students, when I was a preceptor was: "Marry somebody who is rich, I did! You think Pharmacy would provide me such a lavish lifestyle?" - jk -
My wife hated the comment!
30 is not old but it’s definitely not young either lol. 😂 yeah, I’m looking into mri tech right now. “MRI only” track seems relatively new and chill. You get to sit down. I mean I do like working it gives you a sense of purpose. I don’t mind a little chaos and stress because it fuels me. I also don’t know many people who like their job or working lol

LOL I’m dead, when I was in pharmacy school I always said I’m gonna marry a sugar daddy.
What does your wife do?

30 is not old but it’s definitely not young either lol. 😂 yeah, I’m looking into mri tech right now. “MRI only” track seems relatively new and chill. You get to sit down. I mean I do like working it gives you a sense of purpose. I don’t mind a little chaos and stress because it fuels me. I also don’t know many people who like their job or working lol

LOL I’m dead, when I was in pharmacy school I always said I’m gonna marry a sugar daddy.
What does your wife do?
Age is so relative, I am 63, so 30 would be super young! I really like your thinking, MRI Tech sounds awesome. Thinking outside the box, that is pharmacy-nursing!
My wonderful wife of 38 years, it's not what she does, but the family she was born into! Truthfully, we have made it on our own, hard work and a bit of luck. Nobody gave us anything. I just joke around. I just always like to shock people, by saying: do you think I can live this good on a lousy Pharmacist salary?

Age is so relative, I am 63, so 30 would be super young! I really like your thinking, MRI Tech sounds awesome. Thinking outside the box, that is pharmacy-nursing!
My wonderful wife of 38 years, it's not what she does, but the family she was born into! Truthfully, we have made it on our own, hard work and a bit of luck. Nobody gave us anything. I just joke around. I just always like to shock people, by saying: do you think I can live this good on a lousy Pharmacist salary?
I don't really know what I want to do, I just want a job that will give me financial independence, I don't expect wealth :( But I realized I don't think it would be a good idea for me to do pharmacy again because of the loans are almost a quarter of buying a house, and the stress is probably not worth it. I also have to work hard but I have no luck unfortunately. I think I've narrowed it down to xray/mri tech or just trying hard to do tech again :( although I hate the 5 technical round interviews and layoffs T.T