deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salmonellaisafish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
__

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Very fortunate indeed. I would focus on doing the best you can in school and making sure you don't acquire any more debt by saving up for an emergency fund. Once you have a significant fund, you could put the rest in a Roth IRA with vanguard buying low cost index mutual funds or low fee ETFs

So I am extremely fortunate to be starting medical school in August without taking any loans and any debt. I also have a few income streams set up that net me around $300 / month without a lot of time and energy that I hope will continue during school.

Is there anything I should be doing to set myself up during these years where I won't have an income? I've been trying to put all of my income in a ROTH IRA and some basic ETF stock investing.

Thanks!

I agree with what sweetlenovo88 says. The biggest factor will be control your cost of living while in medical student. Even though you are set up with some income and no debt still live like a STUDENT. If you save now you will be very far, and in some cases maybe a decade ahead of other physicians who don't do so till they are years into being an attending.