Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CricB4Tube

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
People may judge you for having a sports car as a med student. But I had classmates with Mercedes and other expensive cars, and plenty were just nice and financially fortunate people like yourself. We were mostly just jealous of them, though at least one was sort of a jerk.

You seem to know the downsides. And your financially doing great—your net worth is likely a already higher than mine with my med school debt and CA mortgage.

Reactions: 1 user
Plenty of medical students drive really nice cars, most of which are paid for by their parents. Besides, who would know its yours in a parking lot of 100+ cars on any given day? Just don’t be that guy who takes up two parking spots to protect his precious car.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No one will care. You can afford this car. But if I were you, I'd invest that 2k a month. Quick math, 2k a month for 4 years, don't invest another dime after than and get 5% annually, after 30 years roughly 475k.

But again, no one cares what you drive. Your car will probably be close to the average for your class

A Doc that drives and maintains an older vintage sport(s) cars is considered interesting and talented.
--- You said like to do work on them. Make that a hobby. Get a "good driver" and a "parts car" hand have fun with it.

What car died and what model you looking at now?

Depends on the car. Definitely get yourself something nice though. The only solace I had after some rough days was the soothing rumble of my V8, it's like an antidepressant on wheels. Keeping a healthy hobby like your love for cars alive can be therapeutic during training

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users