[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdoctorpls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Out of sheer curiosity, what U.S. school required all of your tuition in escrow?? Was it a mainland M.D. program? Accredited?

I'm not sure a 518 third-take MCAT is going to get you anywhere that wouldn't consider you w/ a 36/514. I'd only take another year off to study if you think you could hit 521+.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was SLU. Some other schools have that requirement as well ):
Jeeeeez that's brutal. Had no idea this was a thing, damn.

As of right now, you'll have better luck with the ~14 DO schools that take internationals.
Surely you'd advise OP to consider Canadian MD programs over DO, given the current Match inequalities between the two degrees? The man has a 4.0/514.

OP, my story is not so far removed from yours so I get where you're coming from. In your shoes, I'd say apply now. The retake isn't worth it and you'll always be told that your chances are "low." Not that it's a false statement but you're a well-rounded candidate IMO, that's already been accepted once before. SLU might even give you a favorable, more "expedited" review. Keep that MD list as broad as possible (despite the limited pool) and throw just a few DO schools in there. Keep chugging along and best of luck!