Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hiiro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why UWash and UMichigan? I'd check the OOS stats in the MSAR. Also it seems your threshold rises as you get to the end of your list which I think is more out of reach. Given your MCAT you are more likely making donations to Duke, Stanford, Cornell, Harvard, Yale, UChicago, UPenn, and Hopkins.

Reactions: 2 users
U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest (but they love the donations from thousands of applicants outside of the Northwest who are unaware of this). These schools from your list are realistic:
CA Northstate
Kaiser
UC Davis
U Iowa
Dartmouth
Brown
USC
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCLA
UMichigan
UCSF
Duke
You could add these schools:
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Jefferson
Seton Hall
George Washington
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Western Michigan

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why UWash and UMichigan? I'd check the OOS stats in the MSAR. Also it seems your threshold rises as you get to the end of your list which I think is more out of reach. Given your MCAT you are more likely making donations to Duke, Stanford, Cornell, Harvard, Yale, UChicago, UPenn, and Hopkins.
The OOS stats on the MSAR looked within reach for my stats. I added UWash because a friend from Seattle recommended the program to me, and UMich

U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest (but they love the donations from thousands of applicants outside of the Northwest who are unaware of this). These schools from your list are realistic:
CA Northstate
Kaiser
UC Davis
U Iowa
Dartmouth
Brown
USC
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCLA
UMichigan
UCSF
Duke
You could add these schools:
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Jefferson
Seton Hall
George Washington
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Western Michigan
I didn't notice the "95% acceptances from northwestern states" written on UWash's admissions page before. Thank you for pointing it out! And thank you for providing a school list, I'll check all of them out :D.

Is there anything I can/should do before then to improve my chances of acceptance?

Last edited:
UW OOS may be the MD/PhD students, for which there is no state preference.

Reactions: 1 user
The OOS stats on the MSAR looked within reach for my stats. I added UWash because a friend from Seattle recommended the program to me, and UMich

I didn't notice the "95% acceptances from northwestern states" written on UWash's admissions page before. Thank you for pointing it out! And thank you for provided a school list, I'll check all of them out :D.

Is there anything I can/should do before then to improve my chances of acceptance?
Primary care shadowing hours would help.

Your list is too top heavy. You should add more schools that are closer to the 515 MCAT range

Primary care shadowing hours would help.
I'll immediately start looking into it!

Your list is too top heavy. You should add more schools that are closer to the 515 MCAT range
Will do! I looked into and added most of the schools Faha mentioned, and took out the ones I had no chance at (Johns Hopkins/Cornell/etc.)