• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

ihoop24

2+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You're fine. You did exactly what it asks of you which is to self-identify. No one can tell you how to self identity yourself and it's clear that you did it "right." Plus you've already been accepted so it doesn't matter anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Same question as above please. Should I be worried about anything if they've already seen my application and admitted me?
Vetting would occur before an acceptance.

You're not African-American in the way the Census Dept defines it, which is what schools are looking for in URMs.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightDoc

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Vetting would occur before an acceptance.

You're not African-American in the way the Census Dept defines it, which is what schools are looking for in URMs.
Really? Then what's the point of all the due diligence activity that occurs between CTE (or whatever other indication you give the school that you are actually enrolling) and orientation??? I was under the impression that the real vetting did not happen until then, and that everything before then was screening, not vetting, due to the in depth nature of actual vetting.

Do you know whether anyone who led a school to believe, whether or not intentionally, they were URM, when under the Census definition they were not, ever had an acceptance rescinded? I am pretty sure that where OP was actually going with this. :cool:

Last edited:
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.