denied invitation before an audition rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hey, i have an audition rotation late starting november. is there any possibility you can be denied an interview before having a chance to rotate there?

Members don't see this ad.

Toast said:
hey, i have an audition rotation late starting november. is there any possibility you can be denied an interview before having a chance to rotate there?

There is always a chance, I suppose, but unless you NEVER communicate with that program that you are rotating there, and unless they are NEVER aware that you are interested in their program, you should get an interview. Oh - and one more thing - if they know you are both interested and working there and they snub you on your interview before you start, don't bother going there to rotate - you don't want to waste your time with a program that works like that...

I would much rather get denied an interview before an away rotation then get denied afterwards. That way you could cancel the away rotation before starting and wouldn't have wasted the time doing the away rotation. Although, I would hope that neither would happen.

You are doing the away rotation starting in November. Many (but not all) programs do not start sifting through applications until late October or early November. Therefore, it would be unlikely to be denied prior to the away rotation. If you were rotating in December or January, that would be a different story.

Well, I spent a great deal of time arranging this away rotation because every other opportunity was filled in the area. I might as well give my best shot I guess..