Dental AADSAS Application Process 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoBlue24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The AADSAS dental application opens up June 4th this year. I had a few general questions about the application process that I am hoping those who have already applied in previous cycles or those who are applying this cycle can hopefully answer.

1) I just scheduled to take the DAT on June 14th, 2012. How long does it take for AADSAS to receive my score once I have taken it? I heard it takes at least 3-4 weeks. I'm just curious because I want to apply as soon as possible (but also do not want to rush things).

2) From what I've heard, the opening of the AADSAS dental application on June 4th only means that this is when you can start filling out your application and start sending in materials to AADSAS. However, there is a certain point (approx. 3-4 weeks afterwards) when they start to look at applications of those who have everything sent in. Is this correct?

3) Lastly, I haven't had a chance to look at application forms from previous years, however, I have heard that we do have to list every single volunteering event and shadowing event on our application. Do we have to add contacts to every single one of these events (specifically, volunteering)? For shadowing, I understand.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

General volunteer activities don't require a supervisor name or any kind of contact info, just the organization's name. Shadowing and dental-related volunteering and jobs require a supervisor's name.

Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service
Name of Organization
Position Title/Brief Description
Average Weekly Hours
Total Number of Hours Over Span of Experience
Month of Start Date
Year of Start Date
Month of End Date
Year of End Date

Dentistry Experience
Name of Supervisor
Position Title
Type of Dentistry Observed
Brief Description of Activities
Total Number of Hours
Position Type (select all that apply)
Paid, Volunteer, Job, Shadowing, Other
Month of Start Date
Year of Start Date
Month of End Date
Year of End Date

You can check out the general instructions for the AADSAS application here. It will tell you what fields are in each section and a description of each (and the character limit on those that have them).

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...icants/GeneralInstructions/Pages/default.aspx

1. Its takes about a 2-3 weeks. last year scores were not uploaded until june 20 something. Assuming nothing suspicious occurs with your test it that requires they hold it should appear end of June. It'll just show your test date though not the scores.

2. Yes June 4th is the 1st day it opens. You can make an account and enter your info and get transcript matching forms, enter LOR info etc.

Once you actually pay and assuming they receive all your transcripts it'll take another few weeks for them to verify things.

Until you pay they won't verify your grades. And until ALL your transcripts arrive they won't process your application even if you paid.

3. See poster above. Only thing I would add is there is a 10 item limit. So list important ones if you have a super long list.

Members don't see this ad :)
This helped me a lot. Thank you guys for the awesome responses!

hey guys! so glad i found this thread. this is my first time applying; how do our letter of recommendation writers send in their letters? I'm just emailing them now to remind them about my letters and I want to tell them how they will be sending me letters in. thanks!!

hey guys! so glad i found this thread. this is my first time applying; how do our letter of recommendation writers send in their letters? I'm just emailing them now to remind them about my letters and I want to tell them how they will be sending me letters in. thanks!!

Assuming you will not be using a third party like Interfolio; when you start the AADSAS application, you will have a section called "Evaluators (LOE matching form)", here you designate your letter writers and provide their e-mail address. You have the option of letting them submit their letters electronically or by mail. Assuming again you have them do it electronically, you simply input their e-mail addresses and AADSAS will contact them with instructions on how to send their letter in.

Here's the ADEA's official FAQ on this process, I suggest you take a look:

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...n/Pages/LettersofEvaluationMatchingForms.aspx