Quantcast

Dental Anatomy Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingfish23

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey everybody, I have some time off and I wanted to get a head start on dental terminology and dental anatomy. Can anybody recommend a good textbook?

Thanks in advance

Kingfish23

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would recommend not bothering with trying to get a head start on dental school.
A couple dentists I shadow told me to get a head start and learn as much as I can. Why do you think I shouldn't try? Just so I don't get burnt out?

fit2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
a good orthodontist friend said they'll teach you everything you need to know in dental school.even when i asked him if I should like start carving he said don't bother. just focus on waht you're doing now: volunteering, sports , school, life. enjoy college man!

Reactions: 1 user

Medin2017

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple dentists I shadow told me to get a head start and learn as much as I can. Why do you think I shouldn't try? Just so I don't get burnt out?
It's maybe 50% burnout but 50% I feel is a lot of people believe this is the last chance to truly vegetate for a bit since some dental school summers are really short and you may be doing other productive things during those. I asked the med forums about prestudying (hence this username) and that's what they've told me. So I've been sitting on my arse for the past like 6-7 months and just enjoying myself while also playing sports and chillin with friends. I'll let yall know if I regret this and should have had my nose deep in some textbooks if I eff up d1 year haha

fit2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend just vegetating but there's nothing wrong with that. Just do something u enjoy even if that's studying anatomy :laugh:

schmoob

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you want to really learn, learn about dentistry. Learn about the economics of it. Let's face it, autonomy is a big factor in the decision to head down this path. Learning about these things now will give you a huge head start.

Reactions: 3 users

Tooth Ferry

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't bother. Who knows what your dental anatomy professor may want you to learn? Enjoy your free time while you have it - there will be plenty of time for you to spend your weekends studying once you start D1.

tyjacobs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

exactly, so you don't get burnt out. you will be working very hard during the school year. I'd just enjoy summer as much as possible if I were you

C_BryantDDS

UTHSC Class of 2021
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start as a D1 on July 24 and I've pretty much been doing nothing and enjoying it while I can. Although I did come across a dental anatomy coloring book in a used bookstore and bought it. I didn't want to do any hardcore studying but figured I could work on it a bit just so I won't be hearing the terms for the first time in class. Bought it a few weeks ago and have yet to open it though so we'll see lol

fit2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start as a D1 on July 24 and I've pretty much been doing nothing and enjoying it while I can. Although I did come across a dental anatomy coloring book in a used bookstore and bought it. I didn't want to do any hardcore studying but figured I could work on it a bit just so I won't be hearing the terms for the first time in class. Bought it a few weeks ago and have yet to open it though so we'll see lol
Haha doing anatomy color book sounds like super awesome stress killer when you're like watching a movie or something