Dental Anatomy Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that took the exam already and felt that the dental anatomy section was really difficult....how do you suggest studying for it besides using decks. Do suggest reading a textbook or something...please advise thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

wise146 said:
For those that took the exam already and felt that the dental anatomy section was really difficult....how do you suggest studying for it besides using decks. Do suggest reading a textbook or something...please advise thanks.

I say do decks and old exams. The old exams have pictures on them and the exam does not, so, what you might want to do in your studies is to write out what the picture is illustrating. If you are studying with someone you could take turns with different release boards doing this and give each other the test. Also, if you have access to Kaplan Q-bank do those questions...they don't have pictures either. I don't know how the course was at your school, but I would say study your class notes and definitions/know what things are (concresence, mesodens, etc).

Even on the cpu version of the test, there are no pictures for the DA section???

wise146 said:
Even on the cpu version of the test, there are no pictures for the DA section???

cpu version does have diagrams.i felt DA was quiet easy after doing around 4,5 times of old papers.even in my exam,all were straight questions from DA.so if you know each tooth's anatomy then DA should be relatively easy for you.any good notes of DA would do,need not to be a textbook.but do old papers atleast3 times before the exam..all the best

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions about tooth morphology & the like were pretty straightforward on my exam (CBT)--decks & oldies were more than sufficient for that. But the occlusion questions were unlike anything I had studied. There were no diagrams either. I don't know of a good resource for occlusion (Kaplan, maybe???), but would recommend finding one to supplement your other sources.