Dental Anatomy Textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingfish23

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have some time off and I wanted to get a head start on dental terminology and dental anatomy. Can anybody recommend a good textbook?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Don't be the "I want to study the summer before dental school" guy....nobody likes that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Don't be the "I want to study the summer before dental school" guy....nobody likes that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Lmfao I genuinely enjoy science and learning. Don't put me down for that:rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out Wheeler's

Reactions: 1 user
Although, I too do not condone pre-dental school studying. Enjoy your time off while you can!

Reactions: 1 users
This should be enough to get you started. And yes, you do need to know everything on here.

dd9d01f76da587bd617713a8cddfc66c--brain-anatomy-body-anatomy.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
We're using Woelfel's Dental Anatomy for dental anatomy right now, and Moore's Clinically Orientated Anatomy for head and neck anatomy. You could either buy those on Amazon or find a PDF online if you want.

As someone who started dental anatomy and head and neck anatomy this week, I wish I were in your spot right now. I love science and learning too, but you'll miss any free time you have now once school starts. Your enjoyment of studying will be more than fulfilled soon enough.

Reactions: 3 users
We're using Woelfel's Dental Anatomy for dental anatomy right now, and Moore's Clinically Orientated Anatomy for head and neck anatomy. You could either buy those on Amazon or find a PDF online if you want.

As someone who started dental anatomy and head and neck anatomy this week, I wish I were in your spot right now. I love science and learning too, but you'll miss any free time you have now once school starts. Your enjoyment of studying will be more than fulfilled soon enough.

Yeah, like Fets said, I don't recommend studying ahead of time. At Umichigan, we've only had one lecture for head and neck and it's an insane amount of material.

Yeah, like Fets said, I don't recommend studying ahead of time. At Umichigan, we've only had one lecture for head and neck and it's an insane amount of material.
Michigan starts this early?! Wow.

You are not gonna learn anything just by looking at atlas. You need qbanks to check your knowledge.

Try BRS anatomy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user