Dental Assistant Certification exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katePharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my cousin is going to dental school and she wants to work as a dental assistant to gain experiences. She's asked around and most of the dentists only take those who are certified. So we're trying to register for the exam. Also, we were wondering if she has to take any required course in order to take the test, or she can just buy the book to self study and then go take it? If so, is there any books that you can recommend? :)

Thank you very much !:cool::cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So my cousin is going to dental school and she wants to work as a dental assistant to gain experiences. She's asked around and most of the dentists only take those who are certified. So we're trying to register for the exam. Also, we were wondering if she has to take any required course in order to take the test, or she can just buy the book to self study and then go take it? If so, is there any books that you can recommend? :)

Thank you very much !:cool::cool:

Hello:
I'm a foreign dentist and I' m working as a DA no like a RDA and she just has to have X ray license to work as a DA.
Good luck

Alot of times it depends on what state your in as to DA certification; here in AL, it's not required & most dentists will hire you for on-the-job training if they're looking for a DA; have her to look & ask around if there are any "free clinics" (for homeless, low income, ect.) that do dentistry at which she can volunteer & get the experience, as well as more contacts with dentists who are volunteering their time at the clinic; will look good on her dental school application & maybe snag her a paying job.

hello, for dental assistant certi. exam in canada .. is it necessary to complete the DA course in canada? and could i got the job without this exam?.. i m dentist from india..