1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Dental Assistant Certification exam

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by katePharm, Aug 14, 2011.

1. katePharm

Pharmacy Student
    Hey guys,

So my cousin is going to dental school and she wants to work as a dental assistant to gain experiences. She's asked around and most of the dentists only take those who are certified. So we're trying to register for the exam. Also, we were wondering if she has to take any required course in order to take the test, or she can just buy the book to self study and then go take it? If so, is there any books that you can recommend? :)

Thank you very much !:cool::cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Vagal

Dentist
    Hello:
    I'm a foreign dentist and I' m working as a DA no like a RDA and she just has to have X ray license to work as a DA.
    Good luck

4. Doc423

Dentist
    Alot of times it depends on what state your in as to DA certification; here in AL, it's not required & most dentists will hire you for on-the-job training if they're looking for a DA; have her to look & ask around if there are any "free clinics" (for homeless, low income, ect.) that do dentistry at which she can volunteer & get the experience, as well as more contacts with dentists who are volunteering their time at the clinic; will look good on her dental school application & maybe snag her a paying job.

5. jigs ghatala

Dentist
    hello, for dental assistant certi. exam in canada .. is it necessary to complete the DA course in canada? and could i got the job without this exam?.. i m dentist from india..

6. rupalee1981

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Any body from Georgia state and already given CDA-DANB EXAM & practicing as DENTAL ASSISTANT??