dental assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elbashdentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey fellows,
its the first time for me here with you,i'm an international dentist took ndbe 1/2 in 2001,in the time being i'm waiting for the california bench exam,i'm wondering about working as dental assistant in usa,is that possible?what are the requirments to do something like that?need your help,thankx

Members don't see this ad.

elbashdentist said:
hey fellows,
its the first time for me here with you,i'm an international dentist took ndbe 1/2 in 2001,in the time being i'm waiting for the california bench exam,i'm wondering about working as dental assistant in usa,is that possible?what are the requirments to do something like that?need your help,thankx
Hello,
Welcome to the forums. There are 2 types of dental assistants (DA):
RDA= Registered Dental Assistant...which are those who go to school for being DAs, and have a certificate.
DA= Dental Assistant...no DA certificate, maybe of any level starting from highschool grad....up to international dentists-not yet licensed in the USA.
You may work as a DA, but I think you may need an "x-ray cerificate" which is a 2 or 3 day course-in most cases. I'm not sure about how to get this. MAybe someone else can elaborate on this issue.
Good luck in your bench!
...Your name seems to be Egyptian. Are u?!

ambitiousdent said:
Hello,
RDA= Registered Dental Assistant...which are those who go to school for being DAs, and have a certificate.
DA= Dental Assistant...no DA certificate, maybe of any level starting from highschool grad....up to international dentists-not yet licensed in the USA.
You may work as a DA, but I think you may need an "x-ray cerificate" which is a 2 or 3 day course-in most cases. I'm not sure about how to get this. MAybe someone else can elaborate on this issue.
Good luck in your bench!

Members don't see this ad :)
ambitiousdent said:
Hello,
Good luck in your bench!

ambitiousdent said:
Hello,
Good luck in your bench!

ambitiousdent said:
Hello,
Good luck in your bench!

Hi,
U can go to the website of the dental board and check out the approved x-ray courses in your area.
kol sana wento tayebeen !