Dental assisting in Canada for immigrants


New Member
Jun 8, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi Sdn seniors,
Could an internationally trained dentist directly apply for dental assisting liscence exams without attending courses in Canada ?
please enlighten us with the possibilities.
Thanks in anticipation.


Full Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
No. You have to attend courses.
You don't need to become licensed to work. I guess it might be different in every province
I know BC. You can work there as an assistant with limited responsibilities and you can get an x-ray certificate without going through schooling. Inquire in the college of dental surgeons of BC
If you are in Ontario - they have different regulations, you can ask all the questions in their dental regulating body
There is also Canadian dental association and you can call and ask them too
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.