Dental Decks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogtreats

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am going to be starting dental school this fall. I’ve currently been working as a dental assistant for over a year and a half. I am happy with the knowledge I’ve gotten from this, but I was hoping to learn some more before school starts. I know everyone says to just relax and take time off but I feel like I haven’t used my brain since I graduated 2 years ago and I would like to do some light studying. Would it be worth it to buy dental decks to go over them now? I know the test will be one instead of two parts and online it looks like the dental decks are broken into two sets. Would all the info be over my head anyways?

Members don't see this ad.

All the info would be way over your head, take the time to rest and relax.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your acceptance!

Yes Dental Decks material would definitely be too much for you at this point.

I can empathize with your urge to get some studying in before school starts because I was the same way. Thankfully... I didn't end up doing any pre-studying, because as a current first-year, I'm completely burned out with my didactic courses lol

If you want to be productive and not strain yourself, I recommend brushing up on basic gross anatomy/physiology and dental anatomy from youtube videos. Why youtube? Because if you can find a good channel, you can learn a decent amount from entertaining and short, digestable videos

Crash Course is super fun for science. Here's a playlist to the anatomy/physiology videos. Depthwise, these videos are definitely nothing compared to the beast you will get in your dental school lectures, but they will provide a nice little overview on some topics.

And the videos from Dental Hygiene Helper from this playlist are pretty solid to start off with to familiarize yourself with dental anatomy.

Take it easy while you still can! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone!
I am going to be starting dental school this fall. I’ve currently been working as a dental assistant for over a year and a half. I am happy with the knowledge I’ve gotten from this, but I was hoping to learn some more before school starts. I know everyone says to just relax and take time off but I feel like I haven’t used my brain since I graduated 2 years ago and I would like to do some light studying. Would it be worth it to buy dental decks to go over them now? I know the test will be one instead of two parts and online it looks like the dental decks are broken into two sets. Would all the info be over my head anyways?

HI! Congrats on your acceptance?

Can I just ask you about your application experiences? Did it seem more beneficial that you worked as a dental assistance previously or did they just valued it as any shadowing experiences. Thanks in advance.